BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Beach County School District just announced that Police “Aides” will be stationed at all county schools which have more than one entrance. The action comes as a result of the massacre at Sandy Hook.
Here is the official release from the Palm Beach County School District:
Superintendent Wayne Gent has announced that the district will immediately begin placing police aides at schools that do not have a single point of entry as the district continues working to maximize safety at all schools. The police aides will work closely with the principals to further tighten security by patrolling the schools’ front gates and perimeters to ensure only authorized persons are allowed on campuses.
Immediately following the tragic event at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut last month, Superintendent Gent implemented a comprehensive, districtwide safety plan designed to maintain, and where possible, improve the safety and security of all students, staff, parents, volunteers and others on school campuses districtwide. The police aides are a part of that plan.
The security plan includes:
- Communication to all students, parents and employees
- A districtwide security review
- A districtwide facilities review
- Immediate work where needed
- A School Police-led Crisis Plan review, updating and training
- Student and staff counseling
Status of the comprehensive reviews
- Police Aides will be assigned to all schools that do not have a single point of entry
- Review and updating of all School Crisis Plans-ongoing
- Facilities Services staff receiving and responding to requests-ongoing
- Facilities Services has completed a number of security-related work orders
- Repairs include repairing and securing fences, gates, locks, windows and lights
- Priority continues to be given to security-related work orders
BocaNewsNow.com is the leading site for news and information based in Boca Raton, Florida. We have surpassed 1.7-million page views.
We remind readers that an arrest is an accusation. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law. Please email us at news(at)bocanewsnow.com if the facts of a news story involving you have changed. This is not a mugshot website. We strive for accuracy and will update arrest reports when provided with official information by the arrestee.
Note that ip addresses are logged and may be shared with law enforcement in unique situations.
For advertising information or to submit news tips, please email news(at)BocaNewsNow.com. BocaNewsNow(TM) is a Trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. The name may not be used without written permission.