BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — EarthNetworks which runs the extremely popular WeatherBug app and forecasting service has issued a severe thunderstorm alert for Boca Raton for the next hour or so.
A strong thunderstorm is approaching West Boca Raton right now.
Please be careful if you are out and about.
WeatherBug-Earth Networks has issued a…
• Dangerous Thunderstorm Alert (DTA) for portions of…
Broward County In Florida
Palm Beach County In Florida
• Valid until 1:41PM EDT
• At 12:56PM EDT…The WeatherBug-Earth Networks Early Warning System has detected a thunderstorm with a significant rate of lightning occurring in your area. It is moving in your direction. This storm has an increased potential to produce severe weather such as frequent lightning, heavy rain, hail and/or damaging winds and should be considered dangerous. Seek shelter now. (For more information on our Dangerous Thunderstorm Alerts visit WDTA.WeatherBug.com)
• Storm is located near Fort Lauderdale, FL
• Locations impacted include…
Fort Lauderdale, FL…at 1:37PM EDT
Pompano Beach, FL…at 1:39PM EDT
• Peak wind gusts in vicinity…
Fort Lauderdale, FL, Broward General Medical Center…SW 30 mph at 12:47PM EDT
Weston, FL, Gator Run ES…W 31 mph at 12:42PM EDT
Hollywood, FL, North Perry Airport…SSE 38 mph at 12:40PM EDT
• Peak rain rates in vicinity…
Boca Raton, FL, Southwinds Golf Course…1.40 “/hr at 12:53PM EDT
Hallandale, FL, The Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa…0.44 “/hr at 12:53PM EDT
Weston, FL, Gator Run ES…0.72 “/hr at 12:52PM EDT
Hallandale Beach, FL, Hallandale HS…0.48 “/hr at 12:49PM EDT
Coconut Creek, FL, Monarch HS…0.44 “/hr at 12:48PM EDT
• Take appropriate measures to insure safety to life and property immediately.
This exclusive alert is being brought to you by the WeatherBug-Earth Networks Early Warning System, thanks to the Earth Networks Total Lightning Network, an advanced storm detection network, so you can Know Before(TM). It is not associated with the National Weather Service nor any NWS warnings that may be linked to this storm. Active NWS warnings, if any, should be followed in precedence to this alert.
Stay tuned to WeatherBug.com, other WeatherBug applications or local media outlets for the latest severe weather information.
BocaNewsNow.com is the leading site for news and information based in Boca Raton, Florida. We have surpassed three million page views.
We remind readers that an arrest is an accusation. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law. Please email us at news(at)bocanewsnow.com if the facts of a news story involving you have changed. This is not a mugshot website. While under no obligation to do so, we will effort to update arrest reports when provided with official information by the arrestee.
Note that ip addresses are logged and may be shared with law enforcement in unique situations.
For advertising information or to submit news tips, please email news(at)BocaNewsNow.com. BocaNewsNow(TM) is a Trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. The name may not be used without written permission.