BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Never mind that we’re more than a month into the school year. The Palm Beach County School District is still seeking bus drivers.
From the Palm Beach County School District:
The School District of Palm Beach County’s Transportation Services department will hold its latest job fair on Monday, Oct. 12 in Belle Glade. Transportation department officials are hiring drivers to transport approximately 58,000 students each day to Palm Beach County schools.
The job fair is scheduled from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Oct. 12 at the School District’s Area 3 Office, 2625 NW 16th St., Belle Glade. Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be a safe, licensed driver for five years
- Have an excellent driving record
- Pass the Florida Department of Transportation (DOT) physical examination
- Pass the bus driver training course
- Communicate effectively in English
- Enjoy working with students
The School District offers excellent benefits, competitive pay and health insurance. The School District also offers free Commercial Driving License (CDL) training for those who qualify.
To learn more about the Transportation Services job fair, please call (561) 242-6515 between 7 a.m. and 3:30 p.m., or apply online.