UPDATE: March 20th, 2013. There has been an arrest. Read.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A New Jersey doctor and his wife may have lost $67,500 in a possible scam involving escrow accounts in Boca. According to police, the couple placed the money in an escrow account at the direction of their Realtor, Jon Rashotsky, as they prepared to purchase a property. Incredibly, however, there was no contract for the property and the potential buyers are now unable to get their money back. Here is John Rahotsky’s listing on Realtor.com. Here is is his listing on Facebook.
The investigative division of the Boca Police Department is on the case. Interestingly, Jon Rashotsky’s “agent” page on “Mizner Grand Realty” has been removed.
He has not been charged in this case. BocaNewsNow.com is not releasing the names of the victims.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday
- Boca’s Fit Foodz, Quates Mexican Restaurant Both Warned By Health Inspector
- Miami Beach Assault Leads To Massive Haul Of Guns In Broward County
- Palm Beach County School Board Members Silent On Mask Mandates
- Seven Bridges Homeowner Sentenced To Six Years In Federal Prison
- CDC Says All School Students Should Wear Masks Indoors, School District Ignores
- CDC Expected To Tell Floridians To Mask Up, Even If Vaccinated
- Four “High Priority” Violations For Ben’s Kosher Deli In West Boca Raton