UPDATE: March 20th, 2013. There has been an arrest. Read.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A New Jersey doctor and his wife may have lost $67,500 in a possible scam involving escrow accounts in Boca. According to police, the couple placed the money in an escrow account at the direction of their Realtor, Jon Rashotsky, as they prepared to purchase a property. Incredibly, however, there was no contract for the property and the potential buyers are now unable to get their money back. Here is John Rahotsky’s listing on Realtor.com. Here is is his listing on Facebook.
The investigative division of the Boca Police Department is on the case. Interestingly, Jon Rashotsky’s “agent” page on “Mizner Grand Realty” has been removed.
He has not been charged in this case. BocaNewsNow.com is not releasing the names of the victims.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Marriott Not Commenting On COVID Prom At Boca Center
- Murder-Suicide At Local Hampton Inn, Child Found Asleep, Body In Car On I-95
- Did A Boca High School Parent Stage A Prom, Violating COVID Rules?
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, This Time For Battery
- FLORIDA: COVID ER Visits Rising, Local ICU Count Up, Positivity Slightly Down
- Leaders Of “Extreme Jewish Sect” Charged With Child Exploitation
- SAFETY ALERT: Aptive Pest Control Allegedly Trespassing In Area Communities
- Former Boca Raton Chief Dan Alexander Named Chief Of Palm Beach County School Police
- DEVELOPING: Palm Beach Schools Distance Learning System Failing