BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — BocaNewsNow.com first reported yesterday that Boca Raton Police are investigating the apparent theft of escrow money paid to Boca Realtor John Rashotsky of Mizner Grande Realty. Here was part of our original post:
“A New Jersey doctor and his wife may have lost $67,500 in a possible scam involving escrow accounts in Boca. According to police, the couple placed the money in an escrow account at the direction of their Realtor, Jon Rashotsky, as they prepared to purchase a property. Incredibly, however, there was no contract for the property and the potential buyers are now unable to get their money back.”
We have now received word from a reader that the apparent victims are not alone. Here is part of the note we received: “I too was scammed by Mizner Grande Realty and Jon Rashotsky, as well as Edgar A. Benes, PA of my $2700. escrow amount. I live on a fixed income, and that money was absolutely necessary to completing the sale of a condo to me sometime this week. The Benes law office has refused to cooperate in setting a date for release of my funds.”
I am attaching a letter I received yesterday from an attorney, purportedly explaining the problems. I have enquired as to whom he represents, but to date have not received a response. If you know of a specific police official who is handling this case, please let me know, so that I may file formal charges.”
We are in the process of connecting the reader to the appropriate person at Boca PD. If you have had a similar experience with Mizner Grande and/or John Rashotsky, please email us at email@example.com.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Firefighters Battle Elevator Blaze
- Palm Beach County ICU’s Packed, COVID Count Rising
- OUTRAGEOUS AGENTS: Tinder Leads To Battery Charge For Boca Realtor
- HORRIBLE: FLORIDA PASSES 25,000 DEATHS AS DESANTIS PROMOTES EMPLOYMENT
- Mizner Country Club GM Says Club Not Involved In Drug Sales
- Two In West Boca Home Jailed On Drug Charges
- POLICE: No, This Cat Wasn’t Shot In The Face And Dumped In Boca Raton
- GETTING WORSE: South Palm Beach County ICUs Full, COVID Count Up
- PUBLIX: COVID Vaccine Appointment Site Open Again