BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — BocaNewsNow.com first reported several days ago that Mizner Grande Realty agent Jon Rashotsky was accused of misappropriating escrow funds from at least one client. We later told you how Mizner Grande fired Rashotsky, and how Boca Raton police and Delray Beach Police continue their investigations into what Rashotsky did and when. Now comes word that additional victims are stepping forward. We received this email this morning from a potential victim:
“We are an elderly couple retiring to Florida. We also purchased a home using John Ratshotsky and as of today, no one can tell us where the money is, if it has to be replaced, or if it is secure. Edgar Benes has not returned any of our phone calls, and the attorney for Mizner Grande will give us no information whatsoever except to say that we may have lost the money and may not be getting the home. We close soon and unless we go into our retirement accounts and get the deposit (again) the house is lost to us.
Additionally, we live on a fixed income and deal with health issues. The broker, Mizner Grande has stated over and over to us that they are in the same situation.
Somehow I doubt that.”
If you believe you are a victim, contact Delray Beach police, or reach out to us and we well get you in touch with the appropriate investigators.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach School District Reveals FSA Testing Dates, But Is Lawsuit In Works?
- DEVELOPING: Lyons Road Closed In Delray Due To Crash Involving Bicycle
- Boca Raton Doctor Max Citrin Jailed On Insurance Fraud Charge
- Suspended License? Palm Beach County Waives Fees For One Week
- Nearly 3000 COVID Cases In Palm Beach County Schools
- Health Inspectors Shut Max’s Grille In January
- Delray Man Charged With Ordering Drugs Online, Nabbed By Postal Inspector
- Boynton Beach Woman Missing, Police Seek Help
- Local Man Wins $1M In Florida Lottery