UPDATE: March 20th, 2013. There has been an arrest. Read.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — EXCLUSIVE — BocaNewsNow.com — Mizner Grande Realty, embroiled in a scandal involving allegedly rogue agent Jon Rashotsky has filed a law suit against that agent.
Rashotsky is accused of stealing more than $1,000,000 in escrow funds from clients.
“We are going full force to seek justice for the victims,” said Mizner Grande Realty founder/owner/broker Ari Albinder. “This is terrible and we are pursuing all legal measures.”
According to the lawsuit, “On or about November 14, 2011, Mizner discovered that, over the previous several months, Defendatns had instructed (attorney) Edgar Benes (an escrow agent) to disburse various sums of money that Benes was holding as escrow agent to third-party-held banks. Upon information and belief, Defendants requested that Benes make such disbursements wihtou the knowledge or authorizaion of the clients for whom Benes was holding such sums in escrow, or, for that matter, any other interested party to the underlying real estate transaction.
Benes complied with Defendant’s instructions and disbursed no less than One Million Dollars that he was currently holding as escrow agent for no less than 15 clients which funds are currently unaccounted for, and are believed to hav been converted and otherwise stolen by Defendants.
Ari Albinder told BocaNewsNow.com, “While we wait for the police investigation to conclude against Jon Rashotsky, we felt that we needed to act ourselves. So on Friday we filed suit against this rogue agent as we seek justice for the escrow victims and our reputation.”
Albinder added, “In our 10 year history, Mizner Grande Realty has established itself as one of South Florida’s leading real estate firms specializing in luxury home sales, with an impeccable reputation. While this was an act from a rogue former agent, we have added safeguards that this will never happen again at Mizner Grande Realty as we will set the highest industry standards in escrow accountability.”
Delray Beach Police continue their investigation and are currently the lead agency in the case.
Read the filing by clicking here.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Superintendent Tells Parents Nothing Will Change Second Semester
- WHERE IS SHE? Boca Police Looking For Marilyn Ruddy
- Jewish Family Services In Boca Donated 500 Meals For Thanksgiving
- Chick-fil-A To Open In West Boca Raton, Will Feed 100 Local Heroes Free For A Year
- FLORIDA: DeSantis Says Lockdowns Do Nothing, Social Distancing Not Needed, State Hits 999,319 Infections
- DESANTIS: VIRTUAL LEARNING TO CONTINUE SPRING SEMESTER
- Palm Beach Schools Return With 785 COVID-19 Cases Logged So Far
- Delray Beach Man Jailed On Child Abuse, Strangulation Charges
- COVID FLORIDA: State Adds Another 7179 Cases In One Day, Positivity Climbs