BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — At least it’s not snow. But if you’re planning outdoor events tonight or even tomorrow morning, you want to have a plan “B.” It is raining rather heavily in West Boca this late afternoon, and that is expected to continue through the night.
Here’s the official forecast from the National Weather Service, including the ever-present risk of rip currents:
INLAND PALM BEACH-METRO PALM BEACH-INLAND BROWARD-METRO BROWARD-
COASTAL PALM BEACH-COASTAL BROWARD-
414 PM EST FRI DEC 9 2011
SHOWERS WILL CONTINUE TO AFFECT THE INLAND PORTIONS OF BROWARD AND
PALM BEACH COUNTIES. THE SHOWERS ARE IN THE NORTHERN PORTIONS OF
BROWARD COUNTY AND THE SOUTHERN PORTION OF PALM BEACH COUNTY. MOST
OF THE ACTIVITY IS WEST OF HIGHWAY 441. THESE SHOWERS WILL MOVE
NORTHWEST NEAR 10 MPH AND PRODUCE LIGHT TO MODERATE SHOWERS WITH
OCCASIONAL BRIEF HEAVY SHOWERS. THE HEAVIER SHOWERS WILL PRODUCE
GUSTY WINDS TO NEAR 20 MPH.
Hazardous Weather Outlook
HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK FOR SOUTH FLORIDA
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MIAMI FL
612 AM EST FRI DEC 9 2011
GLADES-HENDRY-INLAND PALM BEACH-METRO PALM BEACH-COASTAL COLLIER-
INLAND COLLIER-INLAND BROWARD-METRO BROWARD-INLAND MIAMI DADE-
METRO MIAMI DADE-MAINLAND MONROE-COASTAL PALM BEACH-
COASTAL BROWARD-COASTAL MIAMI DADE-FAR SOUTH MIAMI DADE-
612 AM EST FRI DEC 9 2011
…MODERATE RISK OF RIP CURRENTS EAST COAST BEACHES…
…SLIGHT RISK OF WATERSPOUTS ATLANTIC WATERS…
THIS HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK IS FOR SOUTH FLORIDA.
.DAY ONE…TODAY AND TONIGHT
RIP CURRENTS: PERSISTENT EAST NORTHEAST WINDS AROUND 15 MPH WILL
RESULT IN A MODERATE RISK OF RIP CURRENTS AT THE ATLANTIC COAST
BEACHES OF MIAMI DADE, BROWARD, AND PALM BEACH COUNTIES.
WATERSPOUTS: THERE IS A SLIGHT RISK OF WATERSPOUTS OVER THE
ATLANTIC WATERS, INCLUDING BISCAYNE BAY, MAINLY THROUGH THE
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Marriott Not Commenting On COVID Prom At Boca Center
- Murder-Suicide At Local Hampton Inn, Child Found Asleep, Body In Car On I-95
- Did A Boca High School Parent Stage A Prom, Violating COVID Rules?
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, This Time For Battery
- FLORIDA: COVID ER Visits Rising, Local ICU Count Up, Positivity Slightly Down
- Leaders Of “Extreme Jewish Sect” Charged With Child Exploitation
- SAFETY ALERT: Aptive Pest Control Allegedly Trespassing In Area Communities
- Former Boca Raton Chief Dan Alexander Named Chief Of Palm Beach County School Police
- DEVELOPING: Palm Beach Schools Distance Learning System Failing