BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We have been monitoring several accidents this afternoon in South Palm Beach County and in Boca Raton. Among them: what appears to have been a very serious accident at the entrance to South County Regional Park in West Boca — that’s Glades Road to almost the Everglades. Several rescue units responded a short time ago.
There were reports of an accident also a short time ago at Yamato Road and State Road 441.
We will update if we hear anything official from local rescue agencies.
Courtesy of our friends at FDOT, travel times on Florida’s Turnpike look pretty good as we head into the afternoon rush, with everything moving at speed. You can view the message boards that hang over the highways by clicking here.
We don’t want to sound like your grandmother, but if you’re out and about — and good luck if you’re heading to a mall — be careful. We’ve seen several drivers in oblivion land, yapping on their cell phones while presumably singing Christmas/Chanukah carols as they run red lights.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HURRICANE IAN: Moving Ashore, Schools Closed Thursday, Power Out
- HURRICANE IAN EYEWALL COMING ASHORE, EXPECT WEATHER TO DETERIORATE
- PALM BEACH COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS CLOSED THURSDAY
- POWER OUTAGES CONTINUE: Thousands Without Power In Palm Beach, Broward, Miami-Dade
- HURRICANE IAN: PALM BEACH COUNTY CONDITIONS TO DETERIORATE
- TRAVEL: FLIGHT CANCELLATIONS MOUNT AS HURRICANE IAN APPROACHES
- HURRICANE IAN NEARLY CATEGORY FIVE
- KINGS POINT HIT BY POSSIBLE TORNADO, SIGNIFICANT DAMAGE
- REMINDER: ALL SCHOOLS CLOSED IN PALM BEACH COUNTY