BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Police in Boca Raton are investigating a serious accident where a driver allegedly hit a man on a bicycle — leaving him with critical injures — and fleeing.
It happened Sunday evening near Yamato Road and Dixie Highway. According to police, the driver of the hit and run vehicle was driving west on Yamato when he or she struck the bicyclist who was in the intersection of Dixie Highway. The victim — Bryon Roberto Gordy Perez who is 29 and from Delray Beach — was rushed to Delray Medical where he remains in critical condition.
The suspect vehicle is described as possibly a dark gray, older model sedan with a black roof and large rectangular tail lights that take up the rear of the car. The car also sustained possibly front end damage and likely has damage to the windshield and side window. It was last seen heading west on Yamato Road.
If you have information, please call CrimeStoppers at 800-458-TIPS, or Boca PD at 561-338-1356 and ask for Traffic Homicide Investigator Mike Daly.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases
- Boynton Beach Police To Shut Major Road For Investigation
- Boca Raton Man Charged With Driving During Zoom Court Hearing
- Florida’s Turnpike Remains Closed, Tractor Trailer Into Canal In Boynton Beach
- Inmate Sues Boca Raton’s GEO Group For Withholding Dental Care
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Has 30 Percent Chance Of Development
- Michael Burke Named Interim Superintendent of Palm Beach County Schools