DELAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Jade Beneby, the teen who was the subject of a massive statewide search earlier this week was never abducted, according to police. Instead, she fled to Miami to meet a young man who she met online.
Beneby texted her mother that she was in the trunk of a car, setting off a frantic search throughout the state of Florida.
She is being referred to a “first offender” program.
Here is how the story first broke, with a media alert from Delray Beach police:
Jade Beneby walked to her school bus stop at SW 8 Ave and SW 1 St this morning. At 0705 hrs, she sent a text message to her mother asking for help. At 0706 hrs, she sent an additional text regarding her having done all that she could and stating that she was in the trunk of a vehicle. Jade was last seen wearing a long sleeve white shirt and long blue jeans. She had a pink bag. Call 561-243-7800 if you have any information.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam Turning, But Two Systems Forming East Of Florida
- Saturnia Isles Resident Charged With Homicide, Is Convicted Felon
- Florida Woman Hits Community Call Box In Front Of Cop, Jailed DUI
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam Nearly Major Hurricane Southeast Of Florida
- ELECTIONS: Palm Beach County Supervisor Mails Ballots, Prepares Drop Boxes
- Palm Beach Schools Approach 6,000 COVID-19 Cases
- Hurricane Sam Strengthening, Models Mixed On Path
- Boca Regional Hospital Proceeds With Mask Optional Event, Many Question
- CENTURY VILLAGE HORROR: 93 Year Old Man Kills Younger Woman