DELAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Jade Beneby, the teen who was the subject of a massive statewide search earlier this week was never abducted, according to police. Instead, she fled to Miami to meet a young man who she met online.
Beneby texted her mother that she was in the trunk of a car, setting off a frantic search throughout the state of Florida.
She is being referred to a “first offender” program.
Here is how the story first broke, with a media alert from Delray Beach police:
Jade Beneby walked to her school bus stop at SW 8 Ave and SW 1 St this morning. At 0705 hrs, she sent a text message to her mother asking for help. At 0706 hrs, she sent an additional text regarding her having done all that she could and stating that she was in the trunk of a vehicle. Jade was last seen wearing a long sleeve white shirt and long blue jeans. She had a pink bag. Call 561-243-7800 if you have any information.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Polo Club Boca Bans Visiting Family Members, Guests From Facilities
- Florida Adds 26,269 COVID-19 Cases In Just One Week, Death Count Rising
- Palm Beach County: Don’t Mail Your Ballot, Hand Deliver
- Hurricane Center: Another Tropical System Forming
- Palm Beach Students Not Distancing Says School Board Member
- FEDS: Man Used University of Florida Students In Massive Fraud
- FAU Presents Virtual Dance Concert
- COVID: Palm Beach County ER Visits Increasing
- Palm Beach County Voting: Nearly Half Of Eligible Voters Have Already Voted