UPDATE 2:58p March 2, 2012: The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office has identified the deceased as: 69 year old Adele Ridless and 79 year old Mort Victor.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Developing story just in from the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office. A man and woman, both in their 70s, have been found dead in their Boca Pointe home.
Direct from the police:
On Thursday, March 1, 2012, at approximately 5:10 pm, deputies and fire fighters were dispatched to a residence in the 8000 block of Travelers Tree Court, Boca Raton, subdivision of Boca Pointe. When deputies arrived they were met by two individuals who had just located their friends (male and female) deceased in their residence. Fire fighters entered the residence and found a high reading of carbon monoxide. While searching the residence the fire fighters located two individuals deceased one male and one female, which appear to be in their 70’s, in the upstairs bedroom.
Shortly before 5:00 pm, the discovers/friends advised detectives that they had arrived at their friends residence to take them to the airport. When they didn’t answer the door they became concerned, went home to their residence and retrieved a key, to their friends home. They traveled back to the friends residence, used their key and went inside. They walked through the residence and found their friends deceased. They immediately left the residence and called 911.
The discovers/friends were treated by fire fighters.
Two vehicles were found in the garage not running.
We are still in the preliminary stages of the investigation. We are in the process of notifying next of kin.
More information will be released when it becomes available.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PUBLIC WINS: COPS, CRIME VICTIMS CAN’T HIDE BEHIND MARSY’S LAW
- Fatal Shooting Under Investigation By Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office
- Major Boca Raton Gas Leak Now Under Control
- Wheelchair Disaster At Boca Raton’s Town Center Mall Leads To Lawsuit
- When You Drive A Tesla To A Boca Raton “Just Salad,” Hilarity Ensues
- CLAIM: Woman Goes Bonkers At A Boca Raton Animal Hospital
- Read The Lawsuit: Springsteen Drummer Max Weinberg Sues Boca Car Dealer
- Palm Beach County Could Give You $100,000 For A House
- Coconut Creek Man Killed In Head-On Crash South Of Boca Raton