WEST PALM BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office Internal Affairs Lieutenant Dean Thomas Johnson is himself in trouble or allegedly tampering with a witness, attempting to tamper evidence, and disclosing confidential information. He faces up to 15 years in prison.
According the State Attorney’s office, Johnson revealed the facts of an ongoing, confidential investigation to another Deputy, and then urged that Deputy to to destroy evidence and “give false or evasive statements to investigators.”
The official Probable Cause Affidavit can be read by clicking here.
He has been released on his own recognizance. Although it is in the public record, we are not publishing Lt. Thomas’ home city or address.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Century Village Resident Jailed, Allegedly Stole $30K From Football League
- Palm Beach County Republican Party Embroiled in Libel Suit
- Delray Beach Man Slams EV Into Bush Near Military Trail
- This Woman Is Missing, If You See Her, Call Police
- Palm Beach International Airport Closed Due To Unattended Bag
- PREZZO BOCA RATON CITED FOR MULTIPLE HEALTH CODE VIOLATIONS
- Boca Raton Financial Advisor Owes $394,000 To Amex, Now Suing Him
- Son Of Palm Beach County School Board Member Back In Jail
- PUBLIC WINS: COPS, CRIME VICTIMS CAN’T HIDE BEHIND MARSY’S LAW