WEST PALM BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office Internal Affairs Lieutenant Dean Thomas Johnson is himself in trouble or allegedly tampering with a witness, attempting to tamper evidence, and disclosing confidential information. He faces up to 15 years in prison.
According the State Attorney’s office, Johnson revealed the facts of an ongoing, confidential investigation to another Deputy, and then urged that Deputy to to destroy evidence and “give false or evasive statements to investigators.”
The official Probable Cause Affidavit can be read by clicking here.
He has been released on his own recognizance. Although it is in the public record, we are not publishing Lt. Thomas’ home city or address.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospital Count Under 300
- Coast Guard Looking For Plane South Of Boca Raton
- Boynton’s Neil Goldman Killed In Bicycle Crash On Lyons Road
- Palm Beach County Schools Paid Full Price For Massive Chromebook Order
- Boynton Beach Man Held On $50K Bond For Obscene Material Viewing, Sending
- KINSA: Palm Beach County Drops From Critical To High Risk
- Palm Beach School District Reveals FSA Testing Dates, But Is Lawsuit In Works?
- DEVELOPING: Lyons Road Closed In Delray Due To Crash Involving Bicycle
- Boca Raton Doctor Max Citrin Jailed On Insurance Fraud Charge