WEST PALM BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office Internal Affairs Lieutenant Dean Thomas Johnson is himself in trouble or allegedly tampering with a witness, attempting to tamper evidence, and disclosing confidential information. He faces up to 15 years in prison.
According the State Attorney’s office, Johnson revealed the facts of an ongoing, confidential investigation to another Deputy, and then urged that Deputy to to destroy evidence and “give false or evasive statements to investigators.”
The official Probable Cause Affidavit can be read by clicking here.
He has been released on his own recognizance. Although it is in the public record, we are not publishing Lt. Thomas’ home city or address.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HURRICANE CENTER: Two New Systems Southeast Of Florida May Become Victor, Wanda
- POLICE: Woman Charged With Firebombing Area Temple
- KINSA: Palm Beach County COVID Situation Improving, But Hospitals Over Capacity
- FLORIDA BLUE ALERT: Patrick McDowell On Loose, Allegedly Killed Cop
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam Turning, But Two Systems Forming East Of Florida
- Saturnia Isles Resident Charged With Homicide, Is Convicted Felon
- Florida Woman Hits Community Call Box In Front Of Cop, Jailed DUI
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam Nearly Major Hurricane Southeast Of Florida
- ELECTIONS: Palm Beach County Supervisor Mails Ballots, Prepares Drop Boxes