BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The investigation into former Mizner Grande Realtor Jon Rashotsky is continuing, according to Delray Beach Police.
In a story BocaNewsNow.com broke in November, Rashotsky is accused of misappropriating escrow funds provided by clients who believed they were starting the process of purchasing a house in and around Boca Raton. The homebuyers later found out, according to police reports, that the money was nowhere to be found.
Delray Beach Police tell BocaNewsNow.com that the investigation is complex and involves outside “entities.”
Rashotsky was fired and later sued by Minzer Grande Realty owner Ari Albinder. The case can be reviewed here through the Palm Beach County court system.
In December, Albinder told BocaNewsNow.com, “While we wait for the police investigation to conclude against Jon Rashotsky, we felt that we needed to act ourselves. So on Friday we filed suit against this rogue agent as we seek justice for the escrow victims and our reputation.”
Albinder added, “In our 10 year history, Mizner Grande Realty has established itself as one of South Florida’s leading real estate firms specializing in luxury home sales, with an impeccable reputation. While this was an act from a rogue former agent, we have added safeguards that this will never happen again at Mizner Grande Realty as we will set the highest industry standards in escrow accountability.”
BocaNewsNow.com has also learned that Rashotsky is named in several other ongoing cases as well. You can read them here.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Amazing Photos: Two Tractor Trailers Crash On Turnpike Near Delray Beach
- Do You Live Near These Boca Raton Sex Offenders?
- Boca Raton’s Rex Baron Cited By Health Inspectors
- Popular Delray Beach Restaurant Sued Over Umbrella Incident
- New Rules For COVID-19 Shots As Publix Again Takes Appointments
- Boca Raton Man Pleads Guilty To Posting Child Abuse Photos Of Toddler In His Care
- Alleged Boca Meth House Raided
- Face Of Historic Philadelphia-Area Tavern Arrested In Delray Beach
- Lynn University To Hold Virtual Graduation, But FAU In Person This Spring