BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The sixth anniversary of the murder of 52 year old Cynthia Moffett is rapidly approaching, and the family of the mother and grandmother is asking for anyone who knows anything about her brutal death to come forward.
In an effort to raise awareness, Moffett’s family is staging the 6th annual Cindy Moffett Memorial Golf Tournament at noon on Sunday, March 18th. It is set for the Boca Country Club at 17751 Boca Club Blvd, Boca Raton, FL 33487
“We really, really miss her,” said Debbie Moffet Muller, Cindy’s younger sister. “It’s very tragic to live with everyday not knowing what happen or who’s responsible. We want justice. We’re not going to forget her. We’re not going to go away.”
Moffett was shot and killed on March 23, 2006, while working at the Forest Oaks Golf Club located at 144 Lucerne Lakes Blvd. Her body was discovered on the ground just outside the South door of the golf pro shop. She was shot twice in the upper torso.
The Palm Beach Sheriff’s Office Violent Crimes Division Detectives believe that she was shot between 5:00 PM and 6:00 PM and it was during the course of a robbery. The subject or subjects left the pro shop with wrapped coins and a number of the coins were found a distance from the pro shop.
If you have any information about the murder, please call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-458-TIPS.
View Larger Map
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Police: Man Slams Car Into Pedestrian, Drags Him To Death
- FLORIDA COVID: Big Jump In New Infections, But It’s Not All Bad News
- Will COVID Shot Be Mandatory For Palm Beach County School Students?
- Strangulation Charge Filed Against Boca Raton Man
- University of Miami Fined $22M For False Billing
- Masks Not On Next Palm Beach County School Board Agenda
- CLAIM: Boca Raton Investment Firm Defrauded Seniors, Took 4.2M In PPP Funds
- POLO CLUB BOCA: Palm Beach County Alleges Building Permit Fraud
- POLICE: Woman Sold Cocaine Near Delray Beach School