DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Delray Beach Police are investigating a horrible accident that led to the death of an elderly old Boca Raton woman.
According to investigators, 78 year old Anita Lobel of Bridgeway Circle in Boca was walking through the WalMart parking lot in Delray Beach when she was struck by an “out of control” 4 door Mercury.
The Mercury was driven, police say, by 89 year old Mary Goldberg who lives in Delray Beach. Goldberg’s car backed over Anita Lobel causing critical injuries. Lobel was rushed to Delray Medical Center where she died five hours later.
No criminal charges have been filed at this time, although this is still an “active” investigation, according to police.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA: Local Pediatricians Not Sure They’ll Offer COVID-19 Shot To Young Kids
- Vehicular Homicide Charge For Boca Raton’s Christopher Gallon
- BOCA WEST SUED OVER DEAD GOLF CART DRIVER
- Housing Markets NOT Slowing, According To New Study By FAU, FIU Professors
- Boca Raton’s Marshal Seeman Owes American Express $225,000
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Off Northeast Coast
- FIRE TRUCK CRASH: Who Is At Fault In Boca Raton Fire Truck Rollover? County Silent.
- FLORIDA: Student Brings Tasers, Marijuana Edibles To Area School
- QUITTING? “The Great Resignation” Won’t Forever Help Job Seekers, Says FAU Prof.