DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Delray Beach Police are investigating a horrible accident that led to the death of an elderly old Boca Raton woman.
According to investigators, 78 year old Anita Lobel of Bridgeway Circle in Boca was walking through the WalMart parking lot in Delray Beach when she was struck by an “out of control” 4 door Mercury.
The Mercury was driven, police say, by 89 year old Mary Goldberg who lives in Delray Beach. Goldberg’s car backed over Anita Lobel causing critical injuries. Lobel was rushed to Delray Medical Center where she died five hours later.
No criminal charges have been filed at this time, although this is still an “active” investigation, according to police.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- MASS SHOOTING: THREE SHOT ON I-95, ONE VICTIM FACING LIFE-THREATENING INJURY
- Many Flight Delays Logged Across South Florida Airports, JetBlue and Spirit Hit Hard
- Glades Road In Boca Raton To Close Monday, Tuesday
- Where Is Deborah Stewart? Last Seen In Boca Raton.
- REMINDER: School Resumes Across Palm Beach County On Monday
- FORT LAUDERDALE AIRPORT TROUBLE: COMPUTER PROBLEMS ON BUSY TRAVEL DAY
- POLICE: Boynton Woman “Emotionally Unstable” When Attacked Boyfriend
- ZINGER’S DELI BOCA RATON: 27 VIOLATIONS LOGGED BY STATE INSPECTOR
- REMINDER: Palm Beach County School Choice Deadline Approaching