DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Delray Beach Police are investigating a horrible accident that led to the death of an elderly old Boca Raton woman.
According to investigators, 78 year old Anita Lobel of Bridgeway Circle in Boca was walking through the WalMart parking lot in Delray Beach when she was struck by an “out of control” 4 door Mercury.
The Mercury was driven, police say, by 89 year old Mary Goldberg who lives in Delray Beach. Goldberg’s car backed over Anita Lobel causing critical injuries. Lobel was rushed to Delray Medical Center where she died five hours later.
No criminal charges have been filed at this time, although this is still an “active” investigation, according to police.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Former Boca Raton Chief Dan Alexander Named Chief Of Palm Beach County School Police
- DEVELOPING: Palm Beach Schools Distance Learning System Failing
- Burt and Max’s Delray Beach Cited For Mold, Insects
- COVID SPREAD SPEEDS: Florida Positivity Jumps To Highest In Month
- COVID PROBLEMS FLORIDA: Hospitalizations Surging Again
- Staten Island Woman Jailed In Delray Beach
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, Alan Gershberg In Custody
- Glades Road Entrance, Exit Closed All Weekend For Turnpike
- Boca Raton Man Arrested Six Times, Now For DUI