DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Delray Beach Police are investigating a horrible accident that led to the death of an elderly old Boca Raton woman.
According to investigators, 78 year old Anita Lobel of Bridgeway Circle in Boca was walking through the WalMart parking lot in Delray Beach when she was struck by an “out of control” 4 door Mercury.
The Mercury was driven, police say, by 89 year old Mary Goldberg who lives in Delray Beach. Goldberg’s car backed over Anita Lobel causing critical injuries. Lobel was rushed to Delray Medical Center where she died five hours later.
No criminal charges have been filed at this time, although this is still an “active” investigation, according to police.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Woman Pepper Sprays Husband As He Disciplines Daughter
- Mizner Park Tenants Sued For Unpaid Rent, Now Planet Blue Faces Eviction
- Police Seek Deerfield Beach Man Wanted For Manslaughter
- Delray Beach Woman Flees Police After Crash, Then Crashes Into Dumpster and Fire Hydrant
- REAL ESTATE WARNING: FAU Professor Says U.S. Housing Market Peaking, South Florida Overvalued
- FLORIDA COVID: State Adds 10,699 New Coronavirus Cases, 98 Deaths
- NO SCHOOL FRIDAY: Palm Beach County Public Schools Closed For Students
- Palm Beach Schools Added 84 COVID Cases Since Thanksgiving Break
- New Jersey Man Jailed, Allegedly Punched Boca Man On Federal Highway