BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — He is just 20 years old but Casey Berka of the 300 Block of NE 28th Road is in the Palm Beach County Jail for the third time, and he may be staying there for a while. Berka, according to Boca Raton Police, was arrested after he was found in possession of two stolen laptops — from a 2011 car burglary — possession of marijuana and possession of paraphernalia.
Berka was arrested just a month ago and charged with loitering, prowling and resisting arrest without violence. And that came after his July arrest for possessing and attempting to sell marijuana. He spent several weeks in jail on those charges.
This time, Berka is officially charged with two counts of “Larceny Under $5,000,” “Marijuana Possession Under Five Grams,” and “Drug Equipment Possession and/or Use.” Bond is set at $6,000.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA COVID: State Adds 10,699 New Coronavirus Cases, 98 Deaths
- NO SCHOOL FRIDAY: Palm Beach County Public Schools Closed For Students
- Palm Beach Schools Added 84 COVID Cases Since Thanksgiving Break
- New Jersey Man Jailed, Allegedly Punched Boca Man On Federal Highway
- POLICE: Body Found In West Delray Beach Bushes, Investigation Underway
- DESANTIS: Florida Will Vaccinate Nursing Home Residents Before Healthcare Workers
- FROM BAD TO WORSE: Florida Logs 9,920 COVID Cases On Tuesday
- Facial Covering Order Extended In Palm Beach County
- Emotional Support Animals No Longer Considered “Service Animals,” DOT Institutes New Rules