BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A 70 year old woman was attacked by thug in his late teens or early twenties while she retrieved her mail from a community mailbox Sunday evening. It happened around 9pm in the area of 6050 South Verde Trail.
According to Boca Raton Police:
The 70 year old victim told officers she had driven to the community mailboxes, parked and locked her car, and went to get her mail. The victim added that she had just placed her keys on top of the mailboxes when she was grabbed and forced to the ground by an unknown male. The suspect covered the victim’s eyes and asked where her valuables were located. The victim told the suspect her purse was in her car and the keys were on top of the mailboxes. The suspect told an accomplice to get the victim’s belongings. A moment later the suspects fled and the victim heard a car speed away, but did not see it. The victim’s keys were left on the mailbox and her purse was gone. The victim was not injured.
The victim was able to describe the suspect who grabbed her as a white male, in his late teens or twenties, about 5’8” tall, thin build and no facial hair. She did not see the second suspect. If anyone has information about this crime, they are asked to call Detective Robert Adams at (561) 620-6044 or Palm Beach County Crime Stoppers at (800) 458-TIPS.
View Larger Map
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Did A Boca High School Parent Stage A Prom, Violating COVID Rules?
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, This Time For Battery
- FLORIDA: COVID ER Visits Rising, Local ICU Count Up, Positivity Slightly Down
- Leaders Of “Extreme Jewish Sect” Charged With Child Exploitation
- SAFETY ALERT: Aptive Pest Control Allegedly Trespassing In Area Communities
- Former Boca Raton Chief Dan Alexander Named Chief Of Palm Beach County School Police
- DEVELOPING: Palm Beach Schools Distance Learning System Failing
- Burt and Max’s Delray Beach Cited For Mold, Insects
- COVID SPREAD SPEEDS: Florida Positivity Jumps To Highest In Month