BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Trying to prove Kermit wrong by showing that it can be easy to be green, Boca Raton Regional Hospital will be collecting used cell phones on Earth Day, April 20th.
According to the hospital, “Boca Raton Regional Hospital will partner with Stericycle using its Sustainable Solutions®, to honor “Earth Day” by collecting and recycling old and used cellular phones. In the recycling process the memory on the phones is destroyed and reusable materials are reclaimed, nothing goes into the landfill. Phones that are high end or have a higher value will be tested to determine functionality and then will be reconditioned and reused with the proceeds benefiting select charities. Cell phones unable to be reconditioned are recycled to recover various metals.”
Here’s the info you need:
WHERE: Boca Raton Regional Hospital, 800 Meadows Road, Boca Raton
WHEN: Friday, April 20, 2012 from 7:00am to 3:00pm. Recycling bins will be available in the front lobby the week of April 23, 2012.
HOW: The public is encouraged to drop off old and used cell phones. Any personal information from phones needs to be removed before recycling by removing the SIM card.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. | Legal Video Service, Legal Day In The Life Video | Legal Settlement Documentary
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Drug Bust: Cocaine, 25 Pounds of Pot Lands Boca Raton Man In Jail
- HURRICANE CENTER: New Disturbance Has 90 Percent Chance Of Becoming Storm
- HALLOWEEN HORROR: Palm Beach Positivity Rate Spikes To 7.3 Percent
- Nearly 300 COVID Cases In Palm Beach County Schools
- Maskless Halloween? Send Us Your Photos Of Adults Behaving Badly
- JAIL: Prostitution Charge For 52 Year Old Boca Raton Woman
- Delray Beach Man Sentenced To 17 Years For Federal Crime
- UNSAFE? Palm Beach Schools Pushing Students To “Photo Day,” But Lifetouch Says Upload Okay
- ALERT: FLORIDA PASSES 800,000 COVID-19 CASES