BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Whether it’s a speeding ticket or something more, anyone who has ever received a citation roadside from from a police officers knows you need to sign for it. It doesn’t acknowledge guilt. It just says “yeah, I have been given a ticket.” And most of the time people do this without issue.
But not 58-year-0ld Valerie Amador of Coral Springs. She was stopped by Boca Raton Police for DUI. And not only did she refuse to take a breathalyzer test, but she refused to sign her citation.
So…police arrested her. She was charged with DUI and “refusing to accept citation.”
She was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail and later released on her own recognizance.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Area Veterinarian Pleads Guilty To Taping Self Being Intimate With Dog
- Fire, Identify, Publicly Ridicule Unvaccinated: Here’s What Florida Readers Are Saying
- FUNERAL HOME ERROR: Lists Boca Raton Man As Single, Was Actually Married
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: COVID Positivity Soars To 16.4 Percent
- MASK MANDATES RETURN IN REGION
- B’Nai Torah Boca Raton Camp Closes, Kids COVID-19 Positive
- Broward Schools Approve Mask Mandate, Palm Beach County Next?
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday