BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We don’t intend to be alarmist — like local television stations — but it goes without saying that the weather has been a rather big story the past few days. There are still some watches and warnings in effect, so as of 8:17 this morning, here’s a quick update from the National Weather Service:
LAKE OKEECHOBEE-BISCAYNE BAY-GLADES-HENDRY-INLAND PALM BEACH-
METRO PALM BEACH-COASTAL COLLIER-INLAND COLLIER-INLAND BROWARD-
METRO BROWARD-INLAND MIAMI DADE-METRO MIAMI DADE-MAINLAND MONROE-
COASTAL PALM BEACH-COASTAL BROWARD-COASTAL MIAMI DADE-
FAR SOUTH MIAMI DADE-
615 AM EDT TUE MAY 1 2012
…HAZARDOUS MARINE AND COASTAL CONDITIONS…
…STRONG WIND GUSTS POSSIBLE IN SOME SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS…
THIS HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK IS FOR SOUTH FLORIDA.
.DAY ONE…TODAY AND TONIGHT
THUNDERSTORMS: ANY THUNDERSTORM ACTIVITY TODAY WILL PRODUCE
OCCASIONAL LIGHTNING, BRIEF HEAVY DOWNPOURS AND GUSTY WINDS.
RIP CURRENTS: THERE IS A HIGH RISK OF RIP CURRENTS AT THE ATLANTIC
COAST BEACHES OF MIAMI DADE, BROWARD, AND PALM BEACH COUNTIES.
WIND: EAST WINDS WILL AVERAGE 20 TO 25 KNOTS OVER THE LOCAL ATLANTIC
AND GULF WATERS WITH FREQUENT HIGHER GUSTS. SOME HEAVIER SHOWERS
AND THUNDERSTORMS MAY ALSO PRODUCE STRONG WIND GUSTS UP TO 50 MPH.
WAVES: SEAS WILL RANGE FROM 6 TO 8 FEET OVER THE ATLANTIC WATERS
TODAY AND 4 TO 6 FEET IN THE OFFSHORE GULF WATERS. A SMALL CRAFT
ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FOR ALL LOCAL WATERS…EXCEPT LAKE
AS FOR THE WEATHER…
Today: A chance of showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 11am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 79. Windy, with a east wind between 18 and 21 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
Tonight: A slight chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 72. Breezy, with a east wind around 18 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Wednesday: A 20 percent chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 81. Breezy, with a east wind between 14 and 18 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Police Jail Man For Carjacking, Kidnapping
- It’s HOA Budget Time, Let Us Know If Anything Is Questionable, Illegal, Scandalous
- DRAMA: iPIC Boca Raton Sued For Astronomical Unpaid Rent Bill
- HOSPITAL FEARS: Now 292 Hospitalized In Palm Beach County For COVID, Florida Availability Drops
- FLORIDA OFFICIALLY LOGS ONE MILLION COVID CASES AS GOVERNOR SAYS MASKS DON’T WORK
- Gang Members Arrested, Firearms And Heroin Seized In Joint Broward, Boca Raton, Federal Operation
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: CARES Act Application Deadline Extended
- Florida Receives Additional $28M In Cares Act Funding, Help For Unemployed
- MASSIVE JUMP: Palm Beach County Schools Now Report 829 COVID-19 Cases