BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A look to the skies right now proves this to be true: the National Weather Service is calling for an overcast afternoon where thunderstorms, possibly gusty, are expected to move in.
…A FEW STRONG THUNDERSTORMS POSSIBLE TODAY…
THIS HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK IS FOR SOUTH FLORIDA.
.DAY ONE…TODAY AND TONIGHT
THUNDERSTORMS: THERE IS A CHANCE OF THUNDERSTORMS ACROSS THE
ENTIRE REGION. THE PRIMARY IMPACTS WILL BE OCCASIONAL TO FREQUENT
LIGHTNING STRIKES AND LOCALLY HEAVY RAINFALL. A FEW THUNDERSTORMS
MAY ALSO PRODUCE STRONG GUSTY WINDS AND SMALL HAIL.
WIND: A FEW THUNDERSTORMS MAY PRODUCE GUSTY WINDS OF 40 TO 50 MPH.
HAIL: THE STRONGEST THUNDERSTORMS MAY PRODUCE NICKEL SIZED HAIL,
WITH THE GREATEST RISK THIS AFTERNOON AND EVENING.
FLOODING: SLOW STORM MOTION WILL ALLOW FOR LOCALLY HEAVY RAINFALL
WITH AMOUNTS IN EXCESS OF 2 INCHES POSSIBLE IN A SHORT PERIOD OF
TIME, POTENTIALLY RESULTING IN TEMPORARY FLOODING OF LOW LYING
AND POORLY DRAINED AREAS.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Marriott Not Commenting On COVID Prom At Boca Center
- Murder-Suicide At Local Hampton Inn, Child Found Asleep, Body In Car On I-95
- Did A Boca High School Parent Stage A Prom, Violating COVID Rules?
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, This Time For Battery
- FLORIDA: COVID ER Visits Rising, Local ICU Count Up, Positivity Slightly Down
- Leaders Of “Extreme Jewish Sect” Charged With Child Exploitation
- SAFETY ALERT: Aptive Pest Control Allegedly Trespassing In Area Communities
- Former Boca Raton Chief Dan Alexander Named Chief Of Palm Beach County School Police
- DEVELOPING: Palm Beach Schools Distance Learning System Failing