BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A big “nice job” to an off duty Boca Raton Police officer who thought something looked a bit suspicious, called his colleagues, and turned out to be right.
According to the PD:
On Wednesday, July 11 at about 2:45 a.m., Boca Raton Police officers responded to a call about two suspicious people who were seen in the area of 3900 NW 23rd Court, in the Millpond development.
The caller, an off-duty police officer, reported he saw two males walking in the area and when he drove up to them, they began walking faster. When he got out of his car, he asked them if they knew where they were, the males were unable to answer, so the complainant called Boca Raton police.
When police arrived, they spoke with Eduard Cucu and Shaun Johnson. Both told officers they were in the area for a house party but could not give any specifics. At this point, officers separated the two and questioned them further. Cucu admitted they were in the area to burglarize vehicles and entered several, using a plastic bag as an improvised glove. Johnson gave a similar account, but said they didn’t take anything. Officers found a clear plastic baggie in Johnson’s pocket.
Officers drove Cucu and Johnson around and identified which vehicles they burglarized. They then found Cucu’s vehicle in the 3400 block of Pine Haven Circle. Cucu gave permission to officers to search it. Inside officers found jewelry and several cell phones. They also found marijuana and rolling papers, which Johnson said belonged to him.
Officers arrested Cucu and Johnson. Cucu is charged with burglary to a conveyance. Johnson is charged with burglary to a conveyance, possession of burglary tool, possession of marijuana and paraphernalia.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Kids Are Testing Positive At Boca Raton Area Camps, What Does That Mean For School?
- Here’s How To Remove Your Child From Palm Beach County Schools
- Palm Beach County: Free COVID-19 Testing Available
- READ THE REPORT: New York Governor Andrew Cuomo Sexually Harassed Multiple Women
- Are Boca, Delray Restaurant Workers Wearing Masks? Tell Us, Others
- Woman, Three Times Legal Limit, Asks Boca PD To Help Her Get To Hawaii
- Parents Outraged, Fearful That Palm Beach Schools Won’t Mandate Masks
- Is Florida Gov. DeSantis Blocking CDC From COVID Data?
- CITY OF DELRAY BEACH REQUIRES EMPLOYEES TO SHOW VAX PROOF