BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — If we’ve said it once, we’ve said it a thousand times. If you’re going to do something that you shouldn’t be doing, at least have a good story ready to go when Boca Raton Police ultimately find you and question you. — Anyone reading BocaNewsNow.com over the past several months knows that finding you and questioning you isn’t a matter of “if” but “when.”
The latest case in point? Read on directly from Boca PD:
Shortly after midnight on July 11, 2012, a Boca Raton Police officer on routine patrol in the area of 5100 North Dixie Highway spotted a pickup truck travelling with its lights off on the access road that runs parallel to Dixie Highway. When the driver spotted the police cruiser, he turned his headlights on and stopped.
As the officer approached the pickup she noticed five large truck tires along with a hydraulic jack in the bed of the truck. After backup arrived, the officer began questioning both occupants who had conflicting stories. The driver, Brandon
Doran, told officers he was at his uncle’s business changing a headlight. While checking the business, officers found the main entrance unlocked and the bay door open. When contacted, the owner said his nephew did have a key to the business, but didn’t know why he was there at that time.
Also found in the pickup were a lug nut wrench, a battery powered drill with lug attachment, a black jacket, black gloves and a black mask. The suspects told officers that they were on their way to put the tires on another vehicle and that the clothes were for “mudding.” When the owner of the business arrived on scene, he confirmed that the tools were from his shop, but not the tires. Both occupants were charged with Loitering & Prowling.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA COVID: Ventilator Use Rises As Hospitalizations Fall
- SEEMAN HOLTZ: As Fraud Investigation Continues, Court Assigns Monitor
- Boca Raton Man Charged With DUI, Resisting, Fleeing, More
- HURRICANE CENTER: Three Systems Forming East Of Florida Thursday
- WEST BOCA HIGH TEACHER REINSTATED AFTER IMAGE CONTROVERSY
- UPDATE: Seven Bridges Homeowner Turned Off WiFi To Prevent 911 Call After Battery
- FLORIDA: COVID Deaths Back Into 200s For Tuesday
- COVID: 5,000 CASES IN PALM BEACH COUNTY SCHOOLS
- HURRICANE CENTER: 90 Percent Chance System Forms East Of Florida