BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A severe thunderstorm warning is in effect for the Boca Raton area until at least 6p. We say “at least” because we are in West Boca and ominous storm clouds are moving in and look like they will be here for quite some time.
Here is the just issued advisory from the National Weather Service:
…A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 600 PM EDT
FOR CENTRAL PALM BEACH COUNTY…
AT 541 PM EDT…NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR CONTINUED TO
INDICATE A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM CAPABLE OF PRODUCING DESTRUCTIVE WINDS
OF 70 TO 80 MPH. THIS STORM WAS LOCATED 12 MILES SOUTH OF LION
COUNTRY SAFARI…MOVING NORTHEAST AT 20 MPH.
LAT…LON 2659 8052 2674 8039 2660 8018 2646 8036
TIME…MOT…LOC 2142Z 225DEG 24KT 2654 8035
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Marriott Not Commenting On COVID Prom At Boca Center
- Murder-Suicide At Local Hampton Inn, Child Found Asleep, Body In Car On I-95
- Did A Boca High School Parent Stage A Prom, Violating COVID Rules?
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, This Time For Battery
- FLORIDA: COVID ER Visits Rising, Local ICU Count Up, Positivity Slightly Down
- Leaders Of “Extreme Jewish Sect” Charged With Child Exploitation
- SAFETY ALERT: Aptive Pest Control Allegedly Trespassing In Area Communities
- Former Boca Raton Chief Dan Alexander Named Chief Of Palm Beach County School Police
- DEVELOPING: Palm Beach Schools Distance Learning System Failing