BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A severe thunderstorm warning is in effect for the Boca Raton area until at least 6p. We say “at least” because we are in West Boca and ominous storm clouds are moving in and look like they will be here for quite some time.
Here is the just issued advisory from the National Weather Service:
…A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 600 PM EDT
FOR CENTRAL PALM BEACH COUNTY…
AT 541 PM EDT…NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR CONTINUED TO
INDICATE A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM CAPABLE OF PRODUCING DESTRUCTIVE WINDS
OF 70 TO 80 MPH. THIS STORM WAS LOCATED 12 MILES SOUTH OF LION
COUNTRY SAFARI…MOVING NORTHEAST AT 20 MPH.
LAT…LON 2659 8052 2674 8039 2660 8018 2646 8036
TIME…MOT…LOC 2142Z 225DEG 24KT 2654 8035
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TURNPIKE CLOSED: Gas Pipeline Erupts, Detours Near Lake Worth
- NUMBER GAMES? COVID-19 Deaths High In Florida As DOH Says Positivity Low
- COVID-19 INFECTION: Boynton Elementary Student First In School District To Test Positive
- URGENT: Delray Beach Police Seeking Missing Woman
- COVID DEATHS SOAR: Florida Logs 223 Deaths On Tuesday
- Palm Beach County School District COVID Dashboard Already Questioned, Numbers Dropped
- TRAFFIC HAVOC: Palmetto Park Road To Close
- Guilty Plea From Delray Chiropractor Richard Davidson Came Just Months After Feds Moved In
- BOXED: Some Children Boxed In Boca Schools, Others Roam Freely During COVID