BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A severe thunderstorm warning is in effect for the Boca Raton area until at least 6p. We say “at least” because we are in West Boca and ominous storm clouds are moving in and look like they will be here for quite some time.
Here is the just issued advisory from the National Weather Service:
…A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 600 PM EDT
FOR CENTRAL PALM BEACH COUNTY…
AT 541 PM EDT…NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR CONTINUED TO
INDICATE A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM CAPABLE OF PRODUCING DESTRUCTIVE WINDS
OF 70 TO 80 MPH. THIS STORM WAS LOCATED 12 MILES SOUTH OF LION
COUNTRY SAFARI…MOVING NORTHEAST AT 20 MPH.
LAT…LON 2659 8052 2674 8039 2660 8018 2646 8036
TIME…MOT…LOC 2142Z 225DEG 24KT 2654 8035
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday
- Boca’s Fit Foodz, Quates Mexican Restaurant Both Warned By Health Inspector
- Miami Beach Assault Leads To Massive Haul Of Guns In Broward County
- Palm Beach County School Board Members Silent On Mask Mandates
- Seven Bridges Homeowner Sentenced To Six Years In Federal Prison
- CDC Says All School Students Should Wear Masks Indoors, School District Ignores
- CDC Expected To Tell Floridians To Mask Up, Even If Vaccinated
- Four “High Priority” Violations For Ben’s Kosher Deli In West Boca Raton