BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The sex crimes trial of former WPTV Channel 5 weatherman Rob Lopicola is set for December 10th, according to the Palm Beach County Clerk’s office.
Lopicola was arrested in early July by federal marshals and is accused of having several sexual relationships with minors. Police say he performed oral sex on a boy in Boca Raton.
He remains held in the Palm Beach County Jail, apparently unable to post what is traditionally ten percent of the $130,000 bond a judge has set in his case.
Lopicola is officially charged with:
|00.04-4007||LEWD LASCV BEHAVIOR – VICTIM AGE 12 TO 16|
|800.04-4013||LEWD LASCV BEHAVIOR – CONDUCT BY PERSON 18YOA OR OLDER|
|847.0135-6331||OBSCENE COMMUNICATION – MISREP AGE USE COMPUTER SOLICIT LURE SEDUCE|
The weatherman-turned-body-builder-turned-trainer-turned-bartender allegedly sent extremely graphic texts to a minor. Read them here.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Fire Rescue Truck In Crash At Powerline and Palmetto Park, Road Closed
- COVID: Palm Beach County Back To Green Zone, “Low Risk” Says Kinsa
- Man Crashes Into Tree, Is Killed In West Boca Raton
- Boca Raton Man Sues Police, Arrested On Own Property With Gun, Permit
- Delray Beach Man Calls 911 Repeatedly To Complain About Police
- TRAFFIC REMINDER: Glades Road I-95 Ramp To Close This Weekend
- ELECTIONS: Deadline Is Saturday For Vote-By-Mail Ballot
- Delray Beach Man Convicted Of Sending Spy Equipment To Libya
- Palm Beach County Commissioner Slams Governor DeSantis On Vaccine Stance