BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The sex crimes trial of former WPTV Channel 5 weatherman Rob Lopicola is set for December 10th, according to the Palm Beach County Clerk’s office.
Lopicola was arrested in early July by federal marshals and is accused of having several sexual relationships with minors. Police say he performed oral sex on a boy in Boca Raton.
He remains held in the Palm Beach County Jail, apparently unable to post what is traditionally ten percent of the $130,000 bond a judge has set in his case.
Lopicola is officially charged with:
|00.04-4007||LEWD LASCV BEHAVIOR – VICTIM AGE 12 TO 16|
|800.04-4013||LEWD LASCV BEHAVIOR – CONDUCT BY PERSON 18YOA OR OLDER|
|847.0135-6331||OBSCENE COMMUNICATION – MISREP AGE USE COMPUTER SOLICIT LURE SEDUCE|
The weatherman-turned-body-builder-turned-trainer-turned-bartender allegedly sent extremely graphic texts to a minor. Read them here.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Wendy Sartory Link, Palm Beach Elections Supervisor, Won’t Answer Mail-In Ballot Questions
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: More Than 33,000 People File Official Records Online, Setting Record
- Florida Withholding COVID-19 Infection, Death Report For Wednesday
- Palm Beach County Extends Mask Order
- School Board Meeting: More Than 500 To Comment On Holocaust Questioner Rehire
- EPA Says Make Sure Your Disinfectant Is On This List
- Fundraiser Today For Delray’s 3-Year-Old Sloane Caston, Battling Two Cancers
- LISTEN TO VOICEMAIL: Palm Beach County Elections Supervisor Calls Our Report Unfair
- CRASH: Atlantic and Jog In Delray Beach, Expect Delays