BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The sex crimes trial of former WPTV Channel 5 weatherman Rob Lopicola is set for December 10th, according to the Palm Beach County Clerk’s office.
Lopicola was arrested in early July by federal marshals and is accused of having several sexual relationships with minors. Police say he performed oral sex on a boy in Boca Raton.
He remains held in the Palm Beach County Jail, apparently unable to post what is traditionally ten percent of the $130,000 bond a judge has set in his case.
Lopicola is officially charged with:
|00.04-4007||LEWD LASCV BEHAVIOR – VICTIM AGE 12 TO 16|
|800.04-4013||LEWD LASCV BEHAVIOR – CONDUCT BY PERSON 18YOA OR OLDER|
|847.0135-6331||OBSCENE COMMUNICATION – MISREP AGE USE COMPUTER SOLICIT LURE SEDUCE|
The weatherman-turned-body-builder-turned-trainer-turned-bartender allegedly sent extremely graphic texts to a minor. Read them here.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- REMINDER: SKIP “GO FUND ME,” FOR IAN DONATIONS, STICK TO LEGIT CHARITIES
- Two South Palm Beach County Parks To Remain Closed Until Saturday
- Crash Leaves Pedestrian Dead In North Broward County
- All Palm Beach County Operations Return To Normal On Friday
- Palm Beach County Schools Reopen Friday
- Tropical Storm Warning Canceled For Palm Beach County
- Tropical Storm Warning Remains In Effect Until Early Afternoon In Palm Beach County
- 17-Year-Old Enters Water In Highland Beach During Ian, Needs Rescue
- TORNADO KINGS POINT: Images From Restricted Area