BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A Boca Raton woman was arrested by Boca Raton Police and charged with DUI after she was stopped in the 300 block of Palmetto Park Road.
Police say Tammie Ross, 39, of Royal Palm Road refused to take a breath test.
She was arrested, booked in to the Palm Beach County Jail, and later released on her own recognizance.
Despite agreeing to a breath test when Floridians obtain a drivers license as part “implied consent,” many defense attorneys state that refusing a breath test is actually a smart move.
However, under Florida law, anyone who refuses a breath test will have their license immediately suspended pending a hearing with the department of motor vehicles.
Always consult with an attorney to determine the best actions to take following a DUI arrest.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA COVID: Palm Beach Pediatric Positivity 13.9 Percent As Schools Open
- Palm Beach County Schools: Substitutes Needed As In-Person Learning Begins
- Palm Beach Schools: Parents Still Say “No Way” To Sending Kids Back On Monday
- HURRICANE CENTER: Wilfred Forms, Early Track Towards Florida
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Food Service Worker Horror Story
- Palm Beach Schools: Who Are The Parents Sending Their Kids Monday?
- HURRICANE CENTER: Expect New Tropical Storm To Form Today
- OMNI MIDDLE BOCA: Overflow Rooms In Use, Shortage Of Supplies Already
- FLORIDA COVID: State Passes 13,000 Deaths, Infections Rising Again