BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A Boca Raton woman was arrested by Boca Raton Police and charged with DUI after she was stopped in the 300 block of Palmetto Park Road.
Police say Tammie Ross, 39, of Royal Palm Road refused to take a breath test.
She was arrested, booked in to the Palm Beach County Jail, and later released on her own recognizance.
Despite agreeing to a breath test when Floridians obtain a drivers license as part “implied consent,” many defense attorneys state that refusing a breath test is actually a smart move.
However, under Florida law, anyone who refuses a breath test will have their license immediately suspended pending a hearing with the department of motor vehicles.
Always consult with an attorney to determine the best actions to take following a DUI arrest.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- New Voting Rules: Palm Beach County Holds Town Hall Meeting Thursday
- KINSA: Palm Beach County Almost In “Green” COVID Zone
- POLICE: Sexual Predator Moves To West Boca Raton
- SILENCE: Emmitt Smith, The Boca Raton Silent On “Go Pink” Controversy
- REVEALED: We Have New Palm Beach School Superintendent’s Salary
- UPDATE: Delray Man Added Police Lights To Explorer, Pulled Over Cars In Boca Raton
- Teen Allegedly Attacked At Boynton Beach High Sues School Board
- Two Teens Missing, Police Seek Tips
- SUPER SPREADER? Emmitt Smith’s Boca Regional Go Pink Speech May Lead To Deaths