BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A Boca Raton woman was arrested by Boca Raton Police and charged with DUI after she was stopped in the 300 block of Palmetto Park Road.
Police say Tammie Ross, 39, of Royal Palm Road refused to take a breath test.
She was arrested, booked in to the Palm Beach County Jail, and later released on her own recognizance.
Despite agreeing to a breath test when Floridians obtain a drivers license as part “implied consent,” many defense attorneys state that refusing a breath test is actually a smart move.
However, under Florida law, anyone who refuses a breath test will have their license immediately suspended pending a hearing with the department of motor vehicles.
Always consult with an attorney to determine the best actions to take following a DUI arrest.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA WEATHER: Cold In Boca Raton, Delray Beach, South Florida
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Superintendent Tells Parents Nothing Will Change Second Semester
- WHERE IS SHE? Boca Police Looking For Marilyn Ruddy
- Jewish Family Services In Boca Donated 500 Meals For Thanksgiving
- Chick-fil-A To Open In West Boca Raton, Will Feed 100 Local Heroes Free For A Year
- FLORIDA: DeSantis Says Lockdowns Do Nothing, Social Distancing Not Needed, State Hits 999,319 Infections
- DESANTIS: VIRTUAL LEARNING TO CONTINUE SPRING SEMESTER
- Palm Beach Schools Return With 785 COVID-19 Cases Logged So Far
- Delray Beach Man Jailed On Child Abuse, Strangulation Charges