BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A Boca Raton woman was arrested by Boca Raton Police and charged with DUI after she was stopped in the 300 block of Palmetto Park Road.
Police say Tammie Ross, 39, of Royal Palm Road refused to take a breath test.
She was arrested, booked in to the Palm Beach County Jail, and later released on her own recognizance.
Despite agreeing to a breath test when Floridians obtain a drivers license as part “implied consent,” many defense attorneys state that refusing a breath test is actually a smart move.
However, under Florida law, anyone who refuses a breath test will have their license immediately suspended pending a hearing with the department of motor vehicles.
Always consult with an attorney to determine the best actions to take following a DUI arrest.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Marriott Not Commenting On COVID Prom At Boca Center
- Murder-Suicide At Local Hampton Inn, Child Found Asleep, Body In Car On I-95
- Did A Boca High School Parent Stage A Prom, Violating COVID Rules?
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, This Time For Battery
- FLORIDA: COVID ER Visits Rising, Local ICU Count Up, Positivity Slightly Down
- Leaders Of “Extreme Jewish Sect” Charged With Child Exploitation
- SAFETY ALERT: Aptive Pest Control Allegedly Trespassing In Area Communities
- Former Boca Raton Chief Dan Alexander Named Chief Of Palm Beach County School Police
- DEVELOPING: Palm Beach Schools Distance Learning System Failing