BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A Boca Raton woman was arrested by Boca Raton Police and charged with DUI after she was stopped in the 300 block of Palmetto Park Road.
Police say Tammie Ross, 39, of Royal Palm Road refused to take a breath test.
She was arrested, booked in to the Palm Beach County Jail, and later released on her own recognizance.
Despite agreeing to a breath test when Floridians obtain a drivers license as part “implied consent,” many defense attorneys state that refusing a breath test is actually a smart move.
However, under Florida law, anyone who refuses a breath test will have their license immediately suspended pending a hearing with the department of motor vehicles.
Always consult with an attorney to determine the best actions to take following a DUI arrest.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Man Allegedly Takes Apartment Manager’s Phone, Throws It
- STUNNING EMAIL: City Official Warns Others About Reporter’s Handicapped Questions
- FBI Warns Of South Florida Grandparent Scam
- LYONS ROAD NIGHTMARE TO CONTINUE: Traffic Switch Expected Soon In Boca Raton, Delray Beach
- NO CLOSURE THIS WEEKEND: Glades Road To Remain Open, Diverging Diamond Incomplete
- Multiple People Shot In Pompano Beach, Police On Scene
- Major Crash: Yamato and Military Trail In Boca Raton
- Palm Beach County Doctor Pleads Guilty To Battery
- FAU Owl, Cheerleaders Ring NYSE Bell