BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — In a last minute change of course, all Palm Beach County Schools are now closed Monday.
The school district — after affirming twice Sunday that schools would be open — announced early this morning that it reconsidered and all schools will actually be closed.
According to the school system:
School District officials announced at approximately 1 a.m., August 27 that all Palm Beach County Public Schools will be closed Monday after storm conditions unexpectedly deteriorated overnight.
Schools will be closed for students and staff except employees in categories A and B.
Categories A and B employees report to work when it is safe to do so.
Categories A and B are the Hurricane Response Team and School Readiness Team.
Schools will be closed Monday to ensure the safety of students, parents and employees.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Kids Are Testing Positive At Boca Raton Area Camps, What Does That Mean For School?
- Here’s How To Remove Your Child From Palm Beach County Schools
- Palm Beach County: Free COVID-19 Testing Available
- READ THE REPORT: New York Governor Andrew Cuomo Sexually Harassed Multiple Women
- Are Boca, Delray Restaurant Workers Wearing Masks? Tell Us, Others
- Woman, Three Times Legal Limit, Asks Boca PD To Help Her Get To Hawaii
- Parents Outraged, Fearful That Palm Beach Schools Won’t Mandate Masks
- Is Florida Gov. DeSantis Blocking CDC From COVID Data?
- CITY OF DELRAY BEACH REQUIRES EMPLOYEES TO SHOW VAX PROOF