BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — In a last minute change of course, all Palm Beach County Schools are now closed Monday.
The school district — after affirming twice Sunday that schools would be open — announced early this morning that it reconsidered and all schools will actually be closed.
According to the school system:
School District officials announced at approximately 1 a.m., August 27 that all Palm Beach County Public Schools will be closed Monday after storm conditions unexpectedly deteriorated overnight.
Schools will be closed for students and staff except employees in categories A and B.
Categories A and B employees report to work when it is safe to do so.
Categories A and B are the Hurricane Response Team and School Readiness Team.
Schools will be closed Monday to ensure the safety of students, parents and employees.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 877-5FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Rental Assistance Offered By City of Boynton Beach
- Florida Residents Scammed By Former NFL Player Says DOJ
- BOCA POLICE: Teen Uses Stolen Credit Card But Her Real Address, Is Busted
- New Voting Rules: Palm Beach County Holds Town Hall Meeting Thursday
- KINSA: Palm Beach County Almost In “Green” COVID Zone
- POLICE: Sexual Predator Moves To West Boca Raton
- SILENCE: Emmitt Smith, The Boca Raton Silent On “Go Pink” Controversy
- REVEALED: We Have New Palm Beach School Superintendent’s Salary
- UPDATE: Delray Man Added Police Lights To Explorer, Pulled Over Cars In Boca Raton