BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — In a last minute change of course, all Palm Beach County Schools are now closed Monday.
The school district — after affirming twice Sunday that schools would be open — announced early this morning that it reconsidered and all schools will actually be closed.
According to the school system:
School District officials announced at approximately 1 a.m., August 27 that all Palm Beach County Public Schools will be closed Monday after storm conditions unexpectedly deteriorated overnight.
Schools will be closed for students and staff except employees in categories A and B.
Categories A and B employees report to work when it is safe to do so.
Categories A and B are the Hurricane Response Team and School Readiness Team.
Schools will be closed Monday to ensure the safety of students, parents and employees.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- COVID FLORIDA BAD: Palm Beach Positivity Tops 8 Percent, 4289 New Cases in State
- Delray Beach Fire Rescue To Hold Bone Marrow Drive For Sick Girl
- Now 179 COVID Cases In Palm Beach County Schools
- OUTRAGEOUS AGENTS: Boca Realtor Punches Boyfriend In Face, Jailed
- VIDEO: No Masks At “One11 Boca Raton” Nightclub Party
- COVID FLORIDA: 3,361 New Infections Logged, Palm Beach County Positivity Passes 6 Percent
- UPDATE: West Delray Woman Offered To Sell Special Services To Cop
- PSAT At Spanish River High: Parents, Staffers Fear Super-Spreader Event
- Parents Sending Sick Kids To School In Palm Beach County