BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — BocaNewsNow.com has learned that a woman missing from Georgia — 24 year old Ivy Dawn Merck — may be in or near Deerfield Beach. Friends of the young woman emailed us to share local news reports that her cell phone reportedly pinged off a tower in Boca Raton.
She was last seen August 23rd in Kingsland, Georgia, which is roughly 30 miles north of Jacksonville.
For readers joining us from Georgia who are unfamiliar with the area, Deerfield Beach is at the northern end of Broward County, and essentially a neighbor to Boca Raton which is in Palm Beach County. A cell phone in Deerfield Beach could easily hit a tower in Boca Raton and vice versa.
The Broward County Sheriff's Office just released this update:
Broward Sheriff's Office missing persons detectives are helping Georgia law enforcement look for a missing woman whose vehicle was found Wednesday night in Deerfield Beach. Ivy Dawn Merck , 24, was last seen August 23 in Kingsland, Ga. Her dark green 2008 Honda CRV was found around 10 p.m. Wednesday in the parking lot of a Marshalls store at 3850 W. Hillsboro Blvd., Deerfield Beach.
Merck is 5-foot-1 and weighs 115 pounds. She has brown eyes and light brown hair. Anyone with information about Merck can report it to BSO Det. Chris Blankenship, who is working with the Kingsland (Ga.) Police Department, at (954) 321-4268 or anonymously report information to Crime Stoppers of Broward County at (954) 493-TIPS (9477) or online at http://www.browardcrimestoppers.org
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Marriott Not Commenting On COVID Prom At Boca Center
- Murder-Suicide At Local Hampton Inn, Child Found Asleep, Body In Car On I-95
- Did A Boca High School Parent Stage A Prom, Violating COVID Rules?
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, This Time For Battery
- FLORIDA: COVID ER Visits Rising, Local ICU Count Up, Positivity Slightly Down
- Leaders Of “Extreme Jewish Sect” Charged With Child Exploitation
- SAFETY ALERT: Aptive Pest Control Allegedly Trespassing In Area Communities
- Former Boca Raton Chief Dan Alexander Named Chief Of Palm Beach County School Police
- DEVELOPING: Palm Beach Schools Distance Learning System Failing