BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The skies are darkening and a series of thunderstorms are now moving through Boca Raton and West Boca.
The National Weather Service just issued this alert:
…A SIGNIFICANT WEATHER ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT FOR NORTHEASTERN
BROWARD COUNTY…SOUTHEASTERN PALM BEACH COUNTY…FOR FREQUENT TO
EXCESSIVE LIGHTNING…GUSTY WINDS FROM 45 TO 55 MPH…UP TO
* UNTIL 145 PM EDT
* AT 1250 PM EDT…NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE METEOROLOGISTS DETECTED A
STRONG THUNDERSTORM NEAR LAUDERDALE LAKES…AND MOVING NORTH AT 10
* THE STORM WILL AFFECT…
SEA RANCH LAKES…
NORTH POMPANO BEACH…
AND SURROUNDING COMMUNITIES.
FREQUENT TO EXCESSIVE LIGHTNING…GUSTY WINDS FROM 45 TO 55 MPH…UP
TO NICKEL-SIZED HAIL…TORRENTIAL DOWNPOURS…OR A COMBINATION OF
THESE ARE POSSIBLE. LIGHTNING IS THE NUMBER ONE WEATHER RELATED
KILLER IN FLORIDA. TREES AND OPEN SHELTERS OFFER NO PROTECTION. THESE
WINDS CAN DOWN SMALL TREE LIMBS AND BRANCHES…AND BLOW AROUND
UNSECURED SMALL OBJECTS. SEEK SHELTER IN A SAFE BUILDING UNTIL THE
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Marriott Not Commenting On COVID Prom At Boca Center
- Murder-Suicide At Local Hampton Inn, Child Found Asleep, Body In Car On I-95
- Did A Boca High School Parent Stage A Prom, Violating COVID Rules?
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, This Time For Battery
- FLORIDA: COVID ER Visits Rising, Local ICU Count Up, Positivity Slightly Down
- Leaders Of “Extreme Jewish Sect” Charged With Child Exploitation
- SAFETY ALERT: Aptive Pest Control Allegedly Trespassing In Area Communities
- Former Boca Raton Chief Dan Alexander Named Chief Of Palm Beach County School Police
- DEVELOPING: Palm Beach Schools Distance Learning System Failing