BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca Raton resident Olga Ferreira, 31, was killed this morning in a violent three car accident at the Glades Road entrance to the Florida Turnpike.
The Florida Highway Patrol tells BocaNewsNow.com that Ferreira was driving northbound on the entrance ramp in a 2007 Toyota Scion when she apparently lost control and struck on the left side by an oncoming vehicle — a 2012 Chevy Silverado.
Both vehicles hit the center median, and then Ferreira’s car hit a third vehicle, a 2007 Land Rover.
Ferreira was pronounced dead at the scene. Her 25 year old passenger, Mauryleno Ferreira, also of Boca, was transported to Delray Medical Center with serious injuries.
47-year-old Brian Padgett of Pompano Beach, driving the Chevy Silverado, was taken to West Boca Medical Center with serious injuries. 26-year-old Melch Pope, of Hollywood, suffered minor injuries in the Land Rover.
The accident shut down the northbound turnpike for several hours and remains under investigation, but alcohol has already been determined to not be a factor. Olga Ferreira was wearing a seatbelt.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TROPICAL STORM ZETA: Heavy Rains South Florida, Possible Gulf Coast Strike
- HOME DEPOT: Unmasked West Boca Worker, No Response From Corporate
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression 28 Forms, Gulf Coast Track Again
- BAD: Florida Reports 4,433 New COVID-19 Infections
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Unmasked Teachers Could Slow Return To Classroom
- Prostitution Charge For Seven Bridges Delray Resident
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely, Florida Should Watch
- Delray Woman Sues, Says Dunkin’ Coffee Cup Collapsed
- More Dead, More Infected In Florida As COVID Spread Continues