BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) –//Opinion// — In what is arguably one of the more questionable broadcast decisions to be made during the upcoming Presidential Debate from Lynn University, MSNBC’s much watched “Morning Joe” program will broadcast from Rack’s — in Mizner Park — on Monday and Tuesday morning.
The shows are open to the public.
Receiving consistently mixed reviews on sites like Open Table for mediocre food and poor service, Rack’s is nestled in a completely un-scenic corner of Mizner, located to the rear of the highly acclaimed “Max’s,” the valet stand, and an elevator and staircase to the apartments above. While MSNBC’s producers have done an admirable job in other locations transforming restaurants and bars — like “Howl At The Moon” — into faux broadcast sets, it’s unclear why Rack’s was chosen. Although the restaurant’s logo on MSNBC suggests use of the restaurant in exchange for what is likely much needed advertising for the restaurant that underwent a $4-million renovation in 2010.
In the very picturesque Boca Raton — where the sun will be rising over the Atlantic Ocean just a half mile from Rack’s during the live broadcast — to choose an indoor bar in a corner behind a valet stand in just bizarre. And while the extensive network broadcast experience of the BocaNewsNow.com staff helps us appreciate that satellite truck parking, support staff, and cable runs are all a factor, we strongly suspect that an associate producer next week will be taken to task once talent and senior producers arrive on the scene.
Boca Raton is full of gorgeous locations perfect for a national early morning broadcast. BocaNewsNow.com thinks it’s strange that when the whole world is watching, it will be watching the area from an average bar/restaurant behind a valet stand.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA SETS RECORD: 21,683 COVID CASES RECORDED ON FRIDAY
- Delray Beach Man Allegedly Held Knife To Wife, False Imprisonment Charge
- Heading To Airport? Yet Again, Fort Lauderdale Parking Is Packed
- EXCEPTIONALLY BAD: Florida Department Health COVID Report Is Dire
- Publix Mask Mandate Returns, Associates For Now, Customer Decision Pending
- CDC: PALM BEACH COUNTY POSITIVITY NOW 18 PERCENT
- Palm Beach County Clerk Now Mandates Masks At All Locations
- EXECUTIVE ORDER: DESANTIS BANS MASKS, THREATENS SCHOOL FUNDING
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Parents Fear Masked Kids Will Be Bullied In School