BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca Raton Fire Rescue spent the afternoon on the scene of a major fire in a cabinet factory near Mizner Park this afternoon. Clouds of thick black smoke could be seen for miles.
According to the fire department:
At approximately 2:10pm Boca Raton Fire Rescue Services Department responded to a report of structure fire at Craftline Cabinetry located at 100 NW 28th Street. The owner reported that workers were cutting a piece of cabinet material and smelled something burning. They stopped working to investigate the odor when they noticed that a fire flashed up right in front of them in the area of a dust collector.
The fire and smoke forced them to exit the building. All 5 employees made to safety and there were no reports of injuries. Boca Raton Firefighters were on the scene within minutes of the reported fire. The first arriving Fire Rescue unit reported seeing heavy flames and smoke from the building’s openings. Firefighters worked aggressively to contain the fire and protect the adjacent buildings, boat, and vehicles.
Fire hoses also were deployed to protect the propane tanks being stored on the exterior of the building from contact with the flames exiting the building. The fire was quickly brought under control, but due to the reported large quantities of wood building products and flammable adhesives inside of the building it required more than 60 minutes of applying water on the large volume of fire from several Fire Apparatus to extinguish the fire.
Firefighters have been battling the fire for over 3 hours and are expected to be there well into the night conducting salvage and overhaul duties. The fire is under investigation by Boca Raton Fire Rescue Services.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Toddler Shot, Killed In North Broward County
- Boca Raton Magazine Publisher Charged With Child Solicitation, Molestation
- Forecasters Still Watching System East Of Florida, Development Unlikely
- RESCUE: Man Jumps From Deerfield Pier, Boca Raton and Broward Rescuers Retrieve
- DON’T DROWN: Palm Beach County Promotes Water Safety This Holiday Weekend
- HURRICANE CENTER: Forecasters Watching System East Of Florida
- MISSING CHILD: Statewide Alert Issued For Palm Beach County Child
- Coconut Creek Man Killed In Boca Raton Crash
- Plane Crashes On Congress Avenue Near Lantana Airport, PBSO On Scene