BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca Raton Fire Rescue spent the afternoon on the scene of a major fire in a cabinet factory near Mizner Park this afternoon. Clouds of thick black smoke could be seen for miles.
According to the fire department:
At approximately 2:10pm Boca Raton Fire Rescue Services Department responded to a report of structure fire at Craftline Cabinetry located at 100 NW 28th Street. The owner reported that workers were cutting a piece of cabinet material and smelled something burning. They stopped working to investigate the odor when they noticed that a fire flashed up right in front of them in the area of a dust collector.
The fire and smoke forced them to exit the building. All 5 employees made to safety and there were no reports of injuries. Boca Raton Firefighters were on the scene within minutes of the reported fire. The first arriving Fire Rescue unit reported seeing heavy flames and smoke from the building’s openings. Firefighters worked aggressively to contain the fire and protect the adjacent buildings, boat, and vehicles.
Fire hoses also were deployed to protect the propane tanks being stored on the exterior of the building from contact with the flames exiting the building. The fire was quickly brought under control, but due to the reported large quantities of wood building products and flammable adhesives inside of the building it required more than 60 minutes of applying water on the large volume of fire from several Fire Apparatus to extinguish the fire.
Firefighters have been battling the fire for over 3 hours and are expected to be there well into the night conducting salvage and overhaul duties. The fire is under investigation by Boca Raton Fire Rescue Services.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Wendy Sartory Link, Palm Beach Elections Supervisor, Won’t Answer Mail-In Ballot Questions
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: More Than 33,000 People File Official Records Online, Setting Record
- Florida Withholding COVID-19 Infection, Death Report For Wednesday
- Palm Beach County Extends Mask Order
- School Board Meeting: More Than 500 To Comment On Holocaust Questioner Rehire
- EPA Says Make Sure Your Disinfectant Is On This List
- Fundraiser Today For Delray’s 3-Year-Old Sloane Caston, Battling Two Cancers
- LISTEN TO VOICEMAIL: Palm Beach County Elections Supervisor Calls Our Report Unfair
- CRASH: Atlantic and Jog In Delray Beach, Expect Delays