BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The latest chapter in the ongoing saga of former FAU Student Donald French has ended in a West Palm Beach Court. The 25 year old actor — allegedly behind a huge ponzi scheme — has been indicted on charges of conspiracy to commit mail and wire fraud.
According to the US Attorney’s Office:
Wifredo A. Ferrer, United States Attorney for the Southern District of Florida, and Michael B. Steinbach, Acting Special Agent in Charge, Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), Miami Field Office, announced the filing of an Information against defendantDonald Richard French, Jr., 25, a resident of Rome, Italy. The Information charges defendant French with conspiracy to commit mail and wire fraud, in violation of Title 18, United States Code, Section 1349. Defendant French was arraigned Friday before U.S. Magistrate Judge James M. Hopkins in West Palm Beach, Florida.
According to the Information, and the criminal complaint previously filed in this case, French established “D3 Funds, LP” as an investment business in Boca Raton, Florida. Soliciting investors in Florida, Massachusetts, and Michigan, defendant French promised them high rates of return, in some instances, as high as 50%. French created web based statements of account, which falsely stated that the victim’s investments had generated large profits. French defrauded more than 50 victims out of more than $10 million, the majority of which was spent on himself and his co-conspirators, including approximately $1.5 million which he spent on check/debit card purchases for his personal living expenses and approximately $689,900 to pay for his casino gambling debts.If convicted, French faces a potential maximum statutory sentence of twenty years in prison.Mr. Ferrer commended the investigative efforts of the FBI in this case. This case is being prosecuted by Assistant U.S. Attorney Kerry S. Baron.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA COVID: State Adds 10,699 New Coronavirus Cases, 98 Deaths
- NO SCHOOL FRIDAY: Palm Beach County Public Schools Closed For Students
- Palm Beach Schools Added 84 COVID Cases Since Thanksgiving Break
- New Jersey Man Jailed, Allegedly Punched Boca Man On Federal Highway
- POLICE: Body Found In West Delray Beach Bushes, Investigation Underway
- DESANTIS: Florida Will Vaccinate Nursing Home Residents Before Healthcare Workers
- FROM BAD TO WORSE: Florida Logs 9,920 COVID Cases On Tuesday
- Facial Covering Order Extended In Palm Beach County
- Emotional Support Animals No Longer Considered “Service Animals,” DOT Institutes New Rules