BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Students at Pine Crest School are in the holiday spirit today — donating 100 pairs shoes to students at another area school who are in need. At least 90-percent of students at Village Academy in Delray Beach live at or below the poverty line.
“This means a lot to our students,” said Village Academy Principal Guarn Sims. “It’s no secret that many of our kids come from struggling financial situations, so a new pair of shoes is truly a gift—especially during this time of year. We appreciate the support from Shuzz and the Pine Crest students.”
Shuzz, a Delray Beach-based non-profit organization, co-founded by Rita Johnson, a Pine Crest parent, focuses on providing new shoes to the needy in devastated and poverty-stricken areas around the world.
With more than 300 million children in the world barefoot because they can’t afford a pair of shoes, Johnson founded SHUZZ to bring shoes to children in America and developing countries around the world. SHUZZ’s founders are committed to ensuring 100 percent of all public donations go directly to the organization’s cause. Since the organization’s establishment in August 2010, SHUZZ has provided more than 3,000 new pairs of shoes to needy children, families, and elderly throughout Haiti, Peru, Bolivia, and Tuscaloosa, AL.
The event was coordinated by KOPMN, formerly KOP, formerly the Knights of Pythagoras Mentoring Network. KOPMN provides a non-traditional approach to help nurture and develop youth between the ages of 7-17. KOPMN instills the core values of academic excellence, honor, civic duty and teamwork. Mentoring services and activities include: interactive seminars on topics such as conflict resolution, life skills, and interpersonal skills, guest speakers, recreational activities, and tutoring/homework assistance. More than 3,000 boys, girls, and their families have benefited from our services since the organization was founded in 1991.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Parents Fear Masked Kids Will Be Bullied In School
- Boca Raton Man Claims 800-Pack-Rat Sold His Stuff When Credit Card Expired
- Florida Teachers Slam DeSantis, Call On Him To Listen To Medical Professionals
- BREAKING: Palm Beach County Reinstates Mandatory Masking In Public Buildings
- SCARED SCHOOL BOARD: We Obtain Private Email From Member Fearing Gov. DeSantis
- Area Veterinarian Pleads Guilty To Taping Self Being Intimate With Dog
- Fire, Identify, Publicly Ridicule Unvaccinated: Here’s What Florida Readers Are Saying
- FUNERAL HOME ERROR: Lists Boca Raton Man As Single, Was Actually Married
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: COVID Positivity Soars To 16.4 Percent