BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A Boca Raton resident and physician is listed as one of the top donors nationally to the National Rifle Association's PAC, or political action committee.
Information obtained by BocaNewsNow.com through the non-profit Center For Responsive Politics reveals that Dr. Ildefonso Gomez, who lives in central Boca Raton, contributed twice to the NRA's PAC during the recent political cycle. The donations, at $200 each, make the physician one of the 1,523 “large” contributors to the organization.
Dr. Gomez donated money to the NRA PAC on October 17, 2011 and February 17, 2012.
PAC donations are a matter of public record.
BocaNewsNow.com attempted to reach Dr. Gomez at Continucare Medical Group in Pembroke Pines, where he works, but was told he was “unreachable” and “on vacation.” We are curious if the elementary school massacre in Newtown, CT., has changed the physician's views of the organization, or if he believes there is conflict in supporting the NRA while working as a practicing physician.
We will publish his response when and if it received.
There is nothing illegal about contributing to a PAC.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- COVID-19 INFECTION: Boynton Elementary Student First In School District To Test Positive
- URGENT: Delray Beach Police Seeking Missing Woman
- COVID DEATHS SOAR: Florida Logs 223 Deaths On Tuesday
- Palm Beach County School District COVID Dashboard Already Questioned, Numbers Dropped
- TRAFFIC HAVOC: Palmetto Park Road To Close
- Guilty Plea From Delray Chiropractor Richard Davidson Came Just Months After Feds Moved In
- BOXED: Some Children Boxed In Boca Schools, Others Roam Freely During COVID
- VERY BAD: COVID Positivity Jumps In Palm Beach County, Deaths, Infections Up Statewide
- FAU High School Celebrates 34 National Merit Scholarship Semifinalists