UPDATE: 9:35 AM January 9th, 2013
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We now have an update from the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office which is investigating yesterday afternoon’s serious multiple car accident on US 441 by West Boca Medical Center — an accident that shut 441 between Glades and Palmetto Park Roads for several hours — well into the evening rush.
Police say Shreif Said, 20, was driving a 2013 Chevrolet Camero at an “excessive” rate of speed on the far right hand lane of 441. As he approached Central Park Blvd — the entrance to West Boca Medical Center — a 2013 Lexus RX 350 driven by 32-year-old Stacy Kress attempted to turn into the medical center complex and was struck by Said’s Chevy Camero.
The force of the impact sent both vehicles into a spin.
Said’s Camero flipped, ejecting him from the car. The Lexus stopped in the center of the intersection.
Said and his passenger, 18-year-old Austin Johnson of Boca, were taken to Delray Medical Center where they are listed in Stable condition. Police say neither were wearing seat belts at the time of the accident.
Kress was rushed Boca Regional Hospital where she is also listed in stable condition. She was wearing a seat belt.
The investigation continues.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County: Don’t Mail Your Ballot, Hand Deliver
- Hurricane Center: Another Tropical System Forming
- Palm Beach Students Not Distancing Says School Board Member
- FEDS: Man Used University of Florida Students In Massive Fraud
- FAU Presents Virtual Dance Concert
- COVID: Palm Beach County ER Visits Increasing
- Palm Beach County Voting: Nearly Half Of Eligible Voters Have Already Voted
- Boca Raton’s Waltuch Family Sponsors Magen David Adom Ambulance
- DUI Charge For Delray’s Joanne McGinnis