PARKLAND, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We told you late last week that the Broward County Sheriff’s Office was urging homeowners in West Parkland — just south of Boca — to be on high alert after several homes were burglarized during daylight hours. Thanks to solid detective work and increased patrols, BSO today made several arrests — although the agency continues to urge Parklanders to be alert and vigilant.
According to BSO:
Earlier this morning, BSO Parkland District deputies were working a surveillance operation in response to an increase in daytime residential burglaries. At approximately 11 am, deputies received a report of a residential alarm, and within seconds observed 2 suspects fleeing from the back of a residence to an awaiting vehicle. The vehicle was immediately stopped & its occupants were taken into custody. These suspects would access outside power boxes to turn off electricity & enter the home through unlocked windows. Once again, BSO reminds residents to lock all doors & windows & set alarms when leaving your residence.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Police Arrest Man For Federal Highway Fatal
- INCREDIBLE: Murder Arrest In Cold Case From 1985, Elderly Woman Killed
- West Boca Medical Center’s COVID Protocol Just Might Kill Someone
- Murder, Kidnap Charges For Jailed Boynton Beach Man
- In-Person Graduation Ceremonies For Palm Beach County School District
- POLICE: Woman Threatens To Run Over Dog Walker In Boca Raton
- Jimmy Buffett To Stage Open Air Concerts In Delray Beach
- Boca Raton’s Victoria Boettcher Jailed On DUI, “Almost Hit House”
- Boca Raton Marriott, In Prom Controversy, Was Subject Of COVID Complaint