BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Allegedly getting high with a little help from his girlfriend, Ihuanjoje Ivagba (common spelling) and Elonshiree Carter (the girlfriend) were busted for drugs and a frightening quantity of stolen identities when an astute Boca cop thought something didn't look right as the two drove near Town Center Mall.
According to the police:
The driver of the car was switching lanes without turn signals and turned into the Town Center Mall parking lot where he continued to drive around aimlessly. A check of the tag showed it was registered to a different car. Due to his suspicion, the officer called for backup and pulled the over vehicle.
The driver of the car, Ihuanhoje Ivagba, said the car belongs to his girlfriend who was lying face down in the passenger seat because of what she said was recent surgery. Ivagba added that the tag was expired, so he put his vehicle’s tag on her car so they could drive around. Officers smelled marijuana and asked the occupants to exit the vehicle.
When officers began searching the car, they found marijuana, and a slew of stolen identity documents with the names, addresses, birth dates, phone numbers and social security numbers of dozens of people, from around the country. Officers also found fraudulent credit cards opened in many of the names of those listed on the documents. The search also turned up documents from the website “PeopleSmart” with more personal identity information, including social security numbers, PayPal account information, passwords, security questions and email addresses. Carter was also in possession of a Maine driver’s license with her picture and another woman’s name. When contacted in Maine, the woman said she learned last week that her identity was stolen while trying to open a new credit card account.
During questioning, Carter said the documents must have been placed in the car by her mechanic. Ivagba said he found the documents in the parking lot of a fast food restaurant. Both were charged with Identity Theft, Possession of Marijuana and attaching an unassigned tag to a vehicle. The investigation into the identity theft continues.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Reminder: No Palm Beach County School Monday; Del Prado Staffer Tests Positive
- COVID-19: Huge Spike In Flu-Related ER Visits In Palm Beach County
- COVID-19: DUI Arrests Surge As Phase 3 Begins, Boca, Delray, Boynton Bars Reopen
- DESANTIS DELUSIONAL? Florida Passes 14K Deaths, Approaches 700,000 COVID Infections
- West Boca Man, Charged With Stalking, Says “Current Marriage Is A Joke”
- DEADLY DECISION? Phase Three Happening, Palm Beach County Masking Continues, Other Orders Lifting
- DESANTIS: PHASE 3 NOW STATEWIDE, LOCAL RULES LARGELY DON’T MATTER
- CODE ENFORCEMENT: We Have Every COVID-19 Inspection In Boca Raton, Read The Reports
- Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected