BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A 25-year-old Boca Raton man faces animal cruelty charges after allegedly smothering and choking his roommate’s cat.
The attacks may be on videotape.
Jordan Scott Bean of Mizner Boulevard allegedly “choked and smothered” the cat “several times throughout the day,” according to a police report.
The cat, police tell BocaNewsNow.com, is fortunately just fine — showing no signs of serious injury when checked out by a veterinarian.
The roommate apparently suspected that Bean was doing something to the cat and placed a hidden, motion-sensitive camera in the apartment. The camera, police tell us, may show Bean choking and smothering the cat.
Bean was released on $3000 bond.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: New Phase 3 Orders, Clarifications, Sheriff Ordered To Enforce
- Federal Judge Slaps Delray’s Seven Bridges, Litigants LaGrasso and Tannenholz
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Reckless Endangerment Charges For Non-Mask Wearers?
- South Florida Attorney Charged By Feds For Wire, Securities Fraud
- COVID SURGE FLORIDA: 3259 New Cases, 106 New Deaths, Positivity Heading Up
- BIG JUMP: Now 22 COVID Infections In Palm Beach County Schools
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Aggravated Assault With Deadly Weapon Charge
- COVID-19: Boca, Delray Restaurant Horror Stories As CDC Says Eating Inside Is Bad Idea
- COVID-19 Reported In Boca Middle, Spanish River High, West Boca High