BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A 25-year-old Boca Raton man faces animal cruelty charges after allegedly smothering and choking his roommate’s cat.
The attacks may be on videotape.
Jordan Scott Bean of Mizner Boulevard allegedly “choked and smothered” the cat “several times throughout the day,” according to a police report.
The cat, police tell BocaNewsNow.com, is fortunately just fine — showing no signs of serious injury when checked out by a veterinarian.
The roommate apparently suspected that Bean was doing something to the cat and placed a hidden, motion-sensitive camera in the apartment. The camera, police tell us, may show Bean choking and smothering the cat.
Bean was released on $3000 bond.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- IT’S ALIVE: Hurricane Hunter Finds Circulation In System Near Florida
- Lotus Boca Raton Homeowner Sued For Spreading Rumors About Neighbor
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week