BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A woman sunbathing at Palma Vista Estates called for police assistance when she awoke from a light slumber — on her belly — to learn that her iPhone had been stolen. Here is the exact wording of the report filed by the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Deputy who handled the call.
Editor's note: We enjoy — and hope you do as well — deputies who write with flair:
AT 1:33PM I SPOKE WITH COMPLAINANT, BARBARA MCCAFFERY, IN REFERENCE TO FILING A REPORT FOR A STOLEN BLACK APPLE IPHONE 4. COMPLAINANT STATED THE FOLLOWING: TODAY, JANUARY 11, 2013 BETWEEN 12:43P AND 1:00P WHILE AT THE POOL IN HER DAUGHTER'S DEVELOPMENT AND UNKOWN PERSON(S) TOOK HER IPHONE 4. MCCAFFERY STATED SHE HAD GONE TO THE POOL AND LAYED DOWN ON HER STOMACH ON A CHAZ LOUNGE CHAIR. MCCAFFERY STATED SHE PLACED THE IPHONE 4 ON HER FLIP FLOPS DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF HER APPROXIMATELY 5 TO 6 INCHES AWAY FROM HER HEAD. MCCAFFERY STATED SHE WAS IN A LIGHT SLEEP AND HEARD THE GATE OPEN BUT DID NOT LOOK TO SEE WHO IT WAS. WHEN MCCAFFERY CAME INTO THE POOL AREA THERE WAS NO ONE THERE AND WHEN SHE AWOKE SHE DID NOT SEE ANY RESIDENTS, GUESTS OR GROUNDS/MAINTENANCE PEOPLE AROUND. MCAFFERY IS VERY UPSET THAT SOMEONE CAME UP TO HER AND TOOK THE IPHONE 4 FROM HER WHILE SHE WAS SLEEPING AND HAD NO SENSE OF WHAT WAS GOING ON. MCCAFFERY STATED THERE ARE NO SURVEILLANCE CAMERAS IN THE POOL AREA AND NO SECURITY GUARDS ON STAFF. THE IPHONE 4 WAS PURCHASED A WEEK AGO.
Police add that while iPhones nationwide are recovered due to Apple's tracking system, Ms. McCaffery did not activate the free “Find My iPhone” feature on her phone, although AT&T was notified of the theft.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: COVID Positivity Soars To 16.4 Percent
- MASK MANDATES RETURN IN REGION
- B’Nai Torah Boca Raton Camp Closes, Kids COVID-19 Positive
- Broward Schools Approve Mask Mandate, Palm Beach County Next?
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday
- Boca’s Fit Foodz, Quates Mexican Restaurant Both Warned By Health Inspector
- Miami Beach Assault Leads To Massive Haul Of Guns In Broward County
- Palm Beach County School Board Members Silent On Mask Mandates