BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A woman sunbathing at Palma Vista Estates called for police assistance when she awoke from a light slumber — on her belly — to learn that her iPhone had been stolen. Here is the exact wording of the report filed by the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Deputy who handled the call.
Editor's note: We enjoy — and hope you do as well — deputies who write with flair:
AT 1:33PM I SPOKE WITH COMPLAINANT, BARBARA MCCAFFERY, IN REFERENCE TO FILING A REPORT FOR A STOLEN BLACK APPLE IPHONE 4. COMPLAINANT STATED THE FOLLOWING: TODAY, JANUARY 11, 2013 BETWEEN 12:43P AND 1:00P WHILE AT THE POOL IN HER DAUGHTER'S DEVELOPMENT AND UNKOWN PERSON(S) TOOK HER IPHONE 4. MCCAFFERY STATED SHE HAD GONE TO THE POOL AND LAYED DOWN ON HER STOMACH ON A CHAZ LOUNGE CHAIR. MCCAFFERY STATED SHE PLACED THE IPHONE 4 ON HER FLIP FLOPS DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF HER APPROXIMATELY 5 TO 6 INCHES AWAY FROM HER HEAD. MCCAFFERY STATED SHE WAS IN A LIGHT SLEEP AND HEARD THE GATE OPEN BUT DID NOT LOOK TO SEE WHO IT WAS. WHEN MCCAFFERY CAME INTO THE POOL AREA THERE WAS NO ONE THERE AND WHEN SHE AWOKE SHE DID NOT SEE ANY RESIDENTS, GUESTS OR GROUNDS/MAINTENANCE PEOPLE AROUND. MCAFFERY IS VERY UPSET THAT SOMEONE CAME UP TO HER AND TOOK THE IPHONE 4 FROM HER WHILE SHE WAS SLEEPING AND HAD NO SENSE OF WHAT WAS GOING ON. MCCAFFERY STATED THERE ARE NO SURVEILLANCE CAMERAS IN THE POOL AREA AND NO SECURITY GUARDS ON STAFF. THE IPHONE 4 WAS PURCHASED A WEEK AGO.
Police add that while iPhones nationwide are recovered due to Apple's tracking system, Ms. McCaffery did not activate the free “Find My iPhone” feature on her phone, although AT&T was notified of the theft.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TRAFFIC: Expect A Week Of Delays In, Around South Palm Beach County
- Boca Raton Jeweler Owes Mall $152,000, According To Lawsuit
- CRIME: Papa John’s Delivery Driver Carjacked At Gunpoint
- Fire Rescue Truck In Crash At Powerline and Palmetto Park, Road Closed
- COVID: Palm Beach County Back To Green Zone, “Low Risk” Says Kinsa
- Man Crashes Into Tree, Is Killed In West Boca Raton
- Boca Raton Man Sues Police, Arrested On Own Property With Gun, Permit
- Delray Beach Man Calls 911 Repeatedly To Complain About Police
- TRAFFIC REMINDER: Glades Road I-95 Ramp To Close This Weekend