DEERFIELD BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — BocaNewsNow.com told you back in October about the mysterious death of Jay Harper, a man visiting on business from New England whose body washed up on shore behind a hotel on Deerfield Beach.
Here's what we first reported:
The man has now been identified as 47-year-old Jay Harper of Southbury, Connecticut. Investigators say Harper went to the beach with a female companion sometime between midnight and 2am on October 17th — just hours before his body was found behind the Embassy Suiutes.
The female companion is not considered to be a suspect.
The Broward Sheriff's Office says a deputy on an ATV found the body around 4:10a — behind the hotel — in the 900 Block of Southeast 21st Avenue.
Harper was in South Florida for a business conference.
His death is being investigated as a possible homicide.
Anyone who recalls seeing the victim or who was near the Embassy Suites the night of October 17 or has any information regarding this case is asked to contact BSO Homicide Detective John Berrena at 954-321-4210. Anonymous tips can be called in to Broward Crime Stoppers at 954-493-TIPS (8477) or http://www.browardcrimestoppers.org.
Now, the Broward County Sheriff's Office has released a sketch of a man they'd like to talk to about the Harper's death. Know who he is? If so, pease call police at 954-321-4210, or Broward CrimeStoppers at 954-493-TIPS.
(color photo: Jay Harper, victim, courtesy Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office).
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Woman Sues, Says Dunkin’ Coffee Cup Collapsed
- More Dead, More Infected In Florida As COVID Spread Continues
- Now 140 COVID-19 Cases In Palm Beach County Schools
- HURRICANE CENTER: South Florida Near System’s Path
- West Boca Raton’s David Cohen Jailed On Money Laundering, Fraud Charges
- UPDATE: DISTANCE LEARNING COULD END IN JANUARY, PALM BEACH SCHOOLS ISSUES STATEMENT
- Florida Dept. of Ed. Calls Rumor Of “Distance Learning” Ending “False Narrative”
- FLORIDA COVID: 5,489 New Infections Reported, Highest One Day Total In Weeks
- HURRICANE CENTER: New System Could Affect South Florida