BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — If crime was an olympic sport, clearing the Boca Raton Police hurdle would undoubtedly be a gold medal accomplishment. The department's impressive detective squad noted that something didn't seem quite right in the area of 116 NE Wavecrest Way.
Here's what happened next…according to the PD:
On Wednesday, March 6, 2013, at approximately 4:00 p.m., Boca Raton Police detectives were in the area of 116 NE Wavecrest Way when they saw a rental van parked in the driveway and two males standing at the front door. As detectives watched, the males got into the van and drove slowly out of the area. Detectives followed the van and as it entered I-95 from Palmetto Park Road.
Officers stopped the van and made contact with the driver, Jason Demitro, and passenger, Perry Quick. Demitro said he was in Boca Raton to look at a Corvette he had seen advertised for sale on Craig’s List. He said he met with the owner of the Corvette, who lives in the area of NE 44th Street near Dixie Highway, and he gave officers the owner’s phone number. Demitro said that after looking at the car, they left and drove down A1A to Palmetto Park Road and made no other stops. Quick gave a similar account of their actions. Officers called the owner of the Corvette who said he lives on Wavecrest Way and that he spoke with the two subjects about the car when they showed up at his house. Both suspects then changed their stories, but still insisted they hadn’t stopped at any other homes.
Officers continued to question the inconsistencies of Demitro’s and Quick’s ever changing stories. The resident at 116 NE Wavecrest Way identified Demitro and Quick as the two men who knocked on her door. Officers arrested Demitro and Quick for loitering and prowling.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases
- Boynton Beach Police To Shut Major Road For Investigation
- Boca Raton Man Charged With Driving During Zoom Court Hearing
- Florida’s Turnpike Remains Closed, Tractor Trailer Into Canal In Boynton Beach
- Inmate Sues Boca Raton’s GEO Group For Withholding Dental Care
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Has 30 Percent Chance Of Development
- Michael Burke Named Interim Superintendent of Palm Beach County Schools