BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Jon Rashotsky, a former Realtor with Mizner Grande Realty in Boca Raton, was taken into custody today by police in Sunrise.
BocaNewsNow.com has been following the investigation into Rashotsky for over a year. He stands accused of taking escrow money from clients and distributing it to — among others — a woman he met on “SeekingArrangements.com.”
Here is the official release from Delray Beach Police — the department that investigated the claims and called for his arrest:
Jon Rashotsky was employed as a real estate agent with Mizner Grande Realty and directed 83 clients to escrow money in an account for pending real estate transactions. Between July 14, 2010 and November 10, 2011, Rashotsky authorized the disbursement of escrow money to third parties without the knowledge or authorization of the client. These unauthorized distributions included $58,760.75 to a female acquaintance Rashotsky met on the dating website www.seekingarrangements.com; $304,996.83 to his wife (who was unknowing and uninvolved in the fraud); and $776,003.00 to a female acquaintance. Rashotsky used the preceding accounts as an avenue to launder stolen funds for personal use. In addition to maintaining an extravagant lifestyle, Rashotsky used the stolen escrow money for entertainment, living expenses, real estate advertising and cash withdrawals.
Rashotsky was arrested by Sunrise PD and was taken to Broward County Jail. Rashotsky will have to be extradited from Broward County to Palm Beach County. Below is a picture of Rashotsky that was taken from the internet. A booking photo will not be available on the PBSO Booking Blotter until Rashotsky is booked into the Palm Beach County Jail.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Reminder: No Palm Beach County School Monday; Del Prado Staffer Tests Positive
- COVID-19: Huge Spike In Flu-Related ER Visits In Palm Beach County
- COVID-19: DUI Arrests Surge As Phase 3 Begins, Boca, Delray, Boynton Bars Reopen
- DESANTIS DELUSIONAL? Florida Passes 14K Deaths, Approaches 700,000 COVID Infections
- West Boca Man, Charged With Stalking, Says “Current Marriage Is A Joke”
- DEADLY DECISION? Phase Three Happening, Palm Beach County Masking Continues, Other Orders Lifting
- DESANTIS: PHASE 3 NOW STATEWIDE, LOCAL RULES LARGELY DON’T MATTER
- CODE ENFORCEMENT: We Have Every COVID-19 Inspection In Boca Raton, Read The Reports
- Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected