BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Just when you think you've seen it all comes a police report that reminds you why Boca is just so much fun to write and read about.
A woman by the name of Judith Berkens enjoyed a lovely dinner at Rocco's Tacos — at Boca Center — where it's tough to ring up a tab higher than $30, unless you're going crazy with Margaritas.
Berkens apparently lost her wallet during her March 29th dinner.
Fast forward to Sunday, April 8th.
Police say she found the wallet, but told investigators that her $25,000 earring — which was apparently in the wallet — was missing, as was cash in the amount of $120.
(Just to repeat it again: Judith Berkens had a $25,000 earring in her wallet, which she lost while eating dinner at Rocco's Tacos, where it is difficult to spend more than $30 on dinner).
We do not know how the wallet was lost. We do not know how you lose sight of your wallet when it contains something valued at $25,000. We do not know why the $25,000 earring was in her wallet at a casual eatery. We do not know where it is. We do not know if police have any leads.
We do, however, know that this is the sort of thing that happens Only In Boca.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Beach Police Officer Arrested
- IT’S ALIVE: Hurricane Hunter Finds Circulation In System Near Florida
- Lotus Boca Raton Homeowner Sued For Spreading Rumors About Neighbor
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens