BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Just when you think you've seen it all comes a police report that reminds you why Boca is just so much fun to write and read about.
A woman by the name of Judith Berkens enjoyed a lovely dinner at Rocco's Tacos — at Boca Center — where it's tough to ring up a tab higher than $30, unless you're going crazy with Margaritas.
Berkens apparently lost her wallet during her March 29th dinner.
Fast forward to Sunday, April 8th.
Police say she found the wallet, but told investigators that her $25,000 earring — which was apparently in the wallet — was missing, as was cash in the amount of $120.
(Just to repeat it again: Judith Berkens had a $25,000 earring in her wallet, which she lost while eating dinner at Rocco's Tacos, where it is difficult to spend more than $30 on dinner).
We do not know how the wallet was lost. We do not know how you lose sight of your wallet when it contains something valued at $25,000. We do not know why the $25,000 earring was in her wallet at a casual eatery. We do not know where it is. We do not know if police have any leads.
We do, however, know that this is the sort of thing that happens Only In Boca.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Century Village Resident Jailed, Allegedly Stole $30K From Football League
- Palm Beach County Republican Party Embroiled in Libel Suit
- Delray Beach Man Slams EV Into Bush Near Military Trail
- This Woman Is Missing, If You See Her, Call Police
- Palm Beach International Airport Closed Due To Unattended Bag
- PREZZO BOCA RATON CITED FOR MULTIPLE HEALTH CODE VIOLATIONS
- Boca Raton Financial Advisor Owes $394,000 To Amex, Now Suing Him
- Son Of Palm Beach County School Board Member Back In Jail
- PUBLIC WINS: COPS, CRIME VICTIMS CAN’T HIDE BEHIND MARSY’S LAW