BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Just when you think you've seen it all comes a police report that reminds you why Boca is just so much fun to write and read about.
A woman by the name of Judith Berkens enjoyed a lovely dinner at Rocco's Tacos — at Boca Center — where it's tough to ring up a tab higher than $30, unless you're going crazy with Margaritas.
Berkens apparently lost her wallet during her March 29th dinner.
Fast forward to Sunday, April 8th.
Police say she found the wallet, but told investigators that her $25,000 earring — which was apparently in the wallet — was missing, as was cash in the amount of $120.
(Just to repeat it again: Judith Berkens had a $25,000 earring in her wallet, which she lost while eating dinner at Rocco's Tacos, where it is difficult to spend more than $30 on dinner).
We do not know how the wallet was lost. We do not know how you lose sight of your wallet when it contains something valued at $25,000. We do not know why the $25,000 earring was in her wallet at a casual eatery. We do not know where it is. We do not know if police have any leads.
We do, however, know that this is the sort of thing that happens Only In Boca.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Obesity Clinic Sued Over Unsolicited Text Messages
- DEAD RISING: Florida’s COVID Death Count Rises By 137 In One Day
- POLICE: Husband Assaults Pregnant Wife In Boca Raton Bar
- South Palm Beach County Hospitals Filling With COVID Patients
- COVID CRISIS: Aloha Food Shack Packed, Boca Officials Do Nothing
- Palm Beach Schools Closed Monday
- Palm Beach Post Editor Sends Expletive Filled Email To Our Newsroom
- Are City of Boca Raton Restaurants, Stores Safe From COVID?
- FLORIDA: Another 205 Dead From COVID In One Day, Now 24K Deaths