BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — If you are waiting until the last minute to file your tax return, plan to either file electronically or be at an area post office no later than dinner time on Monday. Based on late word from the US Postal Service — and specifically its website — no area post offices will be hand canceling stamps at midnight on Monday.
The latest we see is the Woodland branch at 604 Banyan Trail. It is set to be open until 6:30p. If you are willing to hop into Coral Springs, the branch at 3255 NW 94th Avenue and the branch at 8801 West Atlantic Blvd. will both be open until 7p.
Tax returns must be post marked by midnight on April 15th — which is Monday. And remember: filing an extension does not extend the period of time you have in which to pay. If you owe money, the IRS expects that check to be on its way tomorrow.
Filing electronically may be the fastest — and safest — way to expedite your return if it isn’t ultra complicated. Try TaxAct.com, TurboTax.com and TaxCut.com.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases
- Boynton Beach Police To Shut Major Road For Investigation