BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Cancer affects just about everyone in one manner or another, and that's why Boca Regional is preparing for what is expected to be a huge turnout at National Cancer Survivor's Day — set for June 2nd.
The details, from Boca Regional:
The Eugene M. & Christine E. Lynn Cancer Institute (LCI) at Boca Raton Regional Hospital will honor members of the community who are living beyond the diagnosis of cancer and seeking wellness into the future on National Cancer Survivors Day®, Sunday, June 2, 2013 beginning at 9:30am.
National Cancer Survivors Day is an annual worldwide Celebration of Life that is held in hundreds of communities throughout the United States, Canada, and other participating countries. Participants unite in a symbolic event to show the world that life after a cancer diagnosis can be meaningful and productive.
“We are honored to have cancer survivors from our community, along with family and friends, participate in this celebration of life after a cancer diagnosis,” says Darci McNally, Director of Multimodality Clinics at LCI. “Again this year, participants will be able to showcase their creativity and paint a tile to add to our expanding Wall of Hope.”
The Wall of Hope began prior to the opening of the Harvey & Phyllis Sandler Pavilion. Cancer survivors, their families and clinical staff had the opportunity to design a tile to be included on a wall in the Cancer Center’s first floor. During Survivors Day events tiles are created and participants are able to leave their own legacy at LCI.
This year’s local National Cancer Survivors Day Celebration of Life will be held at:
WHERE:Sandler Pavilion at 701 NW 13th Street, Boca Raton
WHEN:Sunday, June 2, 2013
9:30am to 11:30am: Brunch and tile painting for Wall of Hope
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA COVID: State Adds 10,699 New Coronavirus Cases, 98 Deaths
- NO SCHOOL FRIDAY: Palm Beach County Public Schools Closed For Students
- Palm Beach Schools Added 84 COVID Cases Since Thanksgiving Break
- New Jersey Man Jailed, Allegedly Punched Boca Man On Federal Highway
- POLICE: Body Found In West Delray Beach Bushes, Investigation Underway
- DESANTIS: Florida Will Vaccinate Nursing Home Residents Before Healthcare Workers
- FROM BAD TO WORSE: Florida Logs 9,920 COVID Cases On Tuesday
- Facial Covering Order Extended In Palm Beach County
- Emotional Support Animals No Longer Considered “Service Animals,” DOT Institutes New Rules