BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca Raton Police arrested a ten year old boy and charged him with aggravated assault after he allegedly threatened staff members at “Children’s Place” with a brick.
The child, a resident of the facility on Ipswich Street, was transported to the juvenile assessment center where the charge and case will be reviewed.
There were no reports of injuries.
“Children’s Place” is a residential group home described on the Florida Attorney General’s website this way:
Specialized Therapeutic Group Care services provide a therapeutic community-based group home for adolescents with serious emotional disturbance(s) and behavioral issues. Services are appropriate for youth who are ready to step down from a Residential Treatment Program or those who require more intensive treatment to avoid placement in a more restrictive setting.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases
- Boynton Beach Police To Shut Major Road For Investigation
- Boca Raton Man Charged With Driving During Zoom Court Hearing
- Florida’s Turnpike Remains Closed, Tractor Trailer Into Canal In Boynton Beach