BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca Raton Police arrested a ten year old boy and charged him with aggravated assault after he allegedly threatened staff members at “Children’s Place” with a brick.
The child, a resident of the facility on Ipswich Street, was transported to the juvenile assessment center where the charge and case will be reviewed.
There were no reports of injuries.
“Children’s Place” is a residential group home described on the Florida Attorney General’s website this way:
Specialized Therapeutic Group Care services provide a therapeutic community-based group home for adolescents with serious emotional disturbance(s) and behavioral issues. Services are appropriate for youth who are ready to step down from a Residential Treatment Program or those who require more intensive treatment to avoid placement in a more restrictive setting.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Polo Club Boca Bans Visiting Family Members, Guests From Facilities
- Florida Adds 26,269 COVID-19 Cases In Just One Week, Death Count Rising
- Palm Beach County: Don’t Mail Your Ballot, Hand Deliver
- Hurricane Center: Another Tropical System Forming
- Palm Beach Students Not Distancing Says School Board Member
- FEDS: Man Used University of Florida Students In Massive Fraud
- FAU Presents Virtual Dance Concert
- COVID: Palm Beach County ER Visits Increasing
- Palm Beach County Voting: Nearly Half Of Eligible Voters Have Already Voted