BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — For people who still believe books are to be held and read, not downloaded and skimmed, JARC — the Jewish Association for Residential Care — is holding a book fair that benefits the non-sectarian organization.
JARC Florida will host a Book Fair on June 17-20, 2013, from 11:00am to 1:00pm to help raise funds for the Morris Lipson Library located in the Mel and Elaine Stein Living and Learning Center.
The Fair will feature gently used and new award-winning titles, classics, current bestsellers, fiction, non-fiction, and over 200 cookbooks. A sample of the authors represented are Patterson, Crichton, Grisham, Steele, Picoult, Shreve, Silva, Cussler, Brown, Sheldon, Roberts, and many more.
“The clients enjoy visiting the library and sharing the books they have read with others. Many come and read aloud to show their skills. Through our weekly Library Club we help to educate and find creative ways to encourage and promote reading”, Debbie Levy, JARC Board Member and Volunteer Librarian.
Fair attendees can help fill JARC’s library by purchasing books at the low price of $2 per book. When you buy 4 books, you will get the 5th book FREE. The proceeds from the Book Fair will go directly to adding more reading level appropriate books for JARC’s clients.
Area businesses interested in making a donation are asked to contact Fallon Gechter at 561-558-2572
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday
- Boca’s Fit Foodz, Quates Mexican Restaurant Both Warned By Health Inspector
- Miami Beach Assault Leads To Massive Haul Of Guns In Broward County
- Palm Beach County School Board Members Silent On Mask Mandates
- Seven Bridges Homeowner Sentenced To Six Years In Federal Prison
- CDC Says All School Students Should Wear Masks Indoors, School District Ignores
- CDC Expected To Tell Floridians To Mask Up, Even If Vaccinated
- Four “High Priority” Violations For Ben’s Kosher Deli In West Boca Raton