BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — It looks like former WPTV-5 weatherman Rob Lopicola will spend another hurricane season in the Palm Beach County Jail.
The onetime forecaster turned bartender turned personal trainer was scheduled for a jury trial next week on charges that he engaged in unlawful sexual contact with minors, including a charge that he performed oral sex on a teenage boy in Boca Raton.
That trial has now been rescheduled for October.
It is unclear from court records whether a plea deal may be pending, or if this is simply the result of a scheduling or strategy move by either the defense or prosecution.
Lopicola, 43, was arrested nearly a year ago outside his Wilton Manors apartment. He has been unable to post $130,000 bond.
You can read the original affidavit of probable cause, and the ultra-graphic text messages he allegedly sent a teenage male by clicking here.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- UPDATE: DISTANCE LEARNING COULD END IN JANUARY, PALM BEACH SCHOOLS ISSUES STATEMENT
- Florida Dept. of Ed. Calls Rumor Of “Distance Learning” Ending “False Narrative”
- FLORIDA COVID: 5,489 New Infections Reported, Highest One Day Total In Weeks
- HURRICANE CENTER: New System Could Affect South Florida
- INCREASE: Now 129 COVID-19 Cases In Palm Beach County Schools
- Vice Mayor Robert Weinroth Announces Increased Funding For Park Rangers
- Camera Off May Mean “Absent” In Palm Beach County Schools
- Wendy Sartory Link, Palm Beach Elections Supervisor, Won’t Answer Mail-In Ballot Questions
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: More Than 33,000 People File Official Records Online, Setting Record