BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — It looks like former WPTV-5 weatherman Rob Lopicola will spend another hurricane season in the Palm Beach County Jail.
The onetime forecaster turned bartender turned personal trainer was scheduled for a jury trial next week on charges that he engaged in unlawful sexual contact with minors, including a charge that he performed oral sex on a teenage boy in Boca Raton.
That trial has now been rescheduled for October.
It is unclear from court records whether a plea deal may be pending, or if this is simply the result of a scheduling or strategy move by either the defense or prosecution.
Lopicola, 43, was arrested nearly a year ago outside his Wilton Manors apartment. He has been unable to post $130,000 bond.
You can read the original affidavit of probable cause, and the ultra-graphic text messages he allegedly sent a teenage male by clicking here.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases
- Boynton Beach Police To Shut Major Road For Investigation